Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just fit my custom solo seat. picked up a seat off kijiji for $50 off a stock custom. Chopped the tail end off and shaved down the foam. Had stock cover pulled back over and put back on. Thank god the old man is in the upholstery business. I would have had and anurism (spell check) if I had too do it on my own. Pics soon to come.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Looking forward to seeing how the back of the seat turned out. Been thinking about doing that myself since upholstery shops are a dime a dozen here and pylons are their main business.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I seen it done before and it looked ok. You could tell it was home made stuff. I too waiting to see this pics!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm looking to take my 07 Classic solo in the near future and here's what I found. I have my OEM seat and I also bought a custom flame stitched gel seat from Leeson's Imports in West Virginia for ~ $250??? Anyway, I figured why buy when I can modify and then have the OEM seat for a 2-up back-up. So I went to a local boat & auto upholsterer who put a top on my '88 BMW and repaired the back seat (sun damage) for a very reasonable price...he quoted me $200. OUCH! I will probably buy the Saddleman Solo Gel Seat from GM-Cycles for $189.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts