Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Calling all you solo seat riders, Which seat do you have and why do you like or dislike it. I am on the hunt for a solo seat and need some opinions. I have a 2008 Vulcan 900 Classic.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I suggest the Saddlemen solo seat. I am riding their King Seat which is a 2-up version of this seat. I like it a lot. MUCH better than the stock Kawi saddle. It does not push you forward or higher like the Mustang seats. If anything, you sit a tad lower than the stock seat. I think the Saddlemen seat is about as good as you can get without going to a custom seat.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone have the Willie and max?

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
saddleman renegade solo, its real comfy, but the gel does get hot if its been sitting in the sun.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I also want a solo seat but also want to keep my stock seat incase my woman comes along. I like the renegade solo seat but would I have to get another latch under the seat to secure it? Or does it come with it?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
183 Posts
You'll need to get another latch. I just received my saddleman solo seat and it came without. You can find them online or from the Kwaki store for like 25.00-30.00 bucks. Then I just bought a couple wing nuts from ACE hardware. I wanted to be able to switch as well. Works great.

·
Registered
988 Posts
solo saddle

Saddlemen solo renegade. Best thing since sliced toast. Does push ahead about 3/4 of an inch more than the stock, but that is because of PADDING!
I am a wide load, 6' 285 lbs, and the seat fits me perfect. I don't do big long runs on this one, maybe 4 or 5 hrs at a time, but compared to the original, this is a great seat:D

Attachments

·
Registered
430 Posts
Saddlemen solo renegade. Best thing since sliced toast. Does push ahead about 3/4 of an inch more than the stock, but that is because of PADDING!
I am a wide load, 6' 285 lbs, and the seat fits me perfect. I don't do big long runs on this one, maybe 4 or 5 hrs at a time, but compared to the original, this is a great seat:D
I think I will be investing in one of these soon.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I too have the the Saddlemen. Changes the whole feel of the bike for the better....looks better too! My only gripe is being able to see those damn circles molded in the rear fender. That aside, you lower back, your a$$ and even your bike will thank you for it!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had a Willie and Max solo, but had to change since I replaced my fender.
It was A LOT more comfortable than stock and I hadn't even broke it in yet.
I still got it, if you're interested.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I"m good with the stocker comfort-wise but changed to the saddleman renegade solo for the visual and like it a lot, both comfort and appearance. Be careful in the hot summer sun to not let the gel get too hot before you sit on it!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Saddleman Renegade Solo

I have a Saddleman solo seat (w. studs). It's waaaay more comfortable than the stock seat. It moves you forward just a little - but that sensation fades after a couple rides. Good deal for a good price.
If you want to switch back and forth (with the stock seat) you'll have to order a small simple plate to put on the bottom.

However - I have a Granucci seat ordered. I like the low profile 'look'.

Attachments

·
Registered
430 Posts
What fender did you switch to and why didn't it work with the willie and max seat?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have a Saddleman solo seat (w. studs). It's waaaay more comfortable than the stock seat. It moves you forward just a little - but that sensation fades after a couple rides. Good deal for a good price.
If you want to switch back and forth (with the stock seat) you'll have to order a small simple plate to put on the bottom.

However - I have a Granucci seat ordered. I like the low profile 'look'.
You'll have to let us know how that Granucci seat rides. I really like the looks of that one but I am worried that it won't be very comfy.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How much are you asking for it?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Granucci Seat....

You'll have to let us know how that Granucci seat rides. I really like the looks of that one but I am worried that it won't be very comfy.
Obviously it's thinner...so it's a little harder. But not as uncomfortable as you might imagine. I still have the Saddleman Renegade solo seat....and if I was beating the hell out of my can I'd change seats. Mostly the ride comfort is determined by the shock response more than either seat. I have the 1" shorter Progressive 465 in the back and Progressive fork springs (shortened 1/2".
The complete setup gives me a REALLY low ride. The rear shock seems a little stiff - and I keep meaning to tinker with it....but it's kinda hard to adjust. SO I just try to miss the nasty bumps as much as possible.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Saddleman Renegade Solo Seat

guessing my next seat is going to be the Saddleman solo seat since i like to cruise solo sometimes.
I'll sell mine. $120.00 + shipping. No rips, tears, scuffs...like NEW!! MINT.
Includes stock plate that came off my original Kawasaki Vican seat.
This model has the studs along the edge.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts