Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, going to turn my bike into a bobber over the winter. Looking for a solo bag for the left side, nothing to big or small. Just how much could you put in there? lunch, work clothes? Dont want to buy something cheap, can handle the weather and the long rides. Any info would be helpful.

thank you

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have a swing arm bag from Viking Bags, paid $125 shipped. I can pack my lunch (small) and a med. size thermos with coffee. I secured it with black plastic tie straps, didn't like the nylon straps that came with the bag.
Most of the time I keep a backpack in it just incase.

Willie and Max is now carrying a swing arm bag that look nice for about $60.

Not sure if that's what you are looking for but it works for me.

·
BOTM Winner, August 2013
202 Posts
I have a swing arm bag from Viking Bags, paid $125 shipped. I can pack my lunch (small) and a med. size thermos with coffee. I secured it with black plastic tie straps, didn't like the nylon straps that came with the bag.
Most of the time I keep a backpack in it just incase.

Willie and Max is now carrying a swing arm bag that look nice for about $60.

Not sure if that's what you are looking for but it works for me.
FYI, I had a nice LaRosa Designs swing arm bag for a while and secured it with zip ties but riding in to work on a cold windy morning they snapped and I lost the bag. I got one of those generic swing arm bags that I got from a leather store to replace it (sucks compared to the one I had before) but I used the straps that came with it since I think they'll hold up better then the plastic straps. At some point I'll buy another nice one but no big rush. The cheap one does what I need it to do. The LaRosa bag was nice as hell though, it was like premium horse saddle leather compared to this pleather synthetic bag I currently have.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've got a single side (left) Swing Arm Bag from Viking as well. I bought it directly from their web site. It is a nice looking good quality item. I used straps included with the bag to put it on the bike. The bag stays rock solid on the swing arm. I can fit my rain jacket, big bottle of water and a couple of other small things in the bag. I know that Leatherworks makes similar bags 3" and 5" deep. I thought the first one would be too small and the second big, so I went for one made by Viking which is 4" deep. Leatherworks' bags are more expensive as well.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts