Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have sold my Classic to buy a bike for the price and qualities I cannot pass up. I truly enjoyed the bike and have ridden out over the Rockies, around Yellowstone, Lake Superior and the Natchez Trace Parkway. I have been thinking about a 1300 Tourer for a couple of years and saw one on ebay. A 2012 brand new for almost 3 grand less than list price and could not pass it up. Also they changed the color from gray to red for 2013 and wanted gray since I saw a 2010 version. I have gotten lots of help and I enjoyed reading the posts. Thank you for your advice over the years. I hope I can find a forum and have the same luck with a good group of people. Ride Safely, thanks Kraig

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Before you go you will still have to tell us what you think about the Yam.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
What SWVA 08V2K said. Looking to get bigger bike for longer trips myself. I have a 05 800b, intend to keep it, but add to stable. Am looking at a 1300 Yamaha myself.

·
BOTM Winner, December 2013
1,172 Posts
the yammi 1300 is on my short list for my next bike...

·
Registered
494 Posts
Well hate to see you go but you did buy a very nice bike I had made up my mind if they could not get my vaquero fixed and done right I was saling it and my next bike was the 2013 V Star 1300 tourer deluex. I know it only gomes in blue but it looks great in the poster the dealer is going to call when one comes in. Who knows if the deal is on my side mite be with you enjoy your bike and ride safe. But I think if they get my bike right I'll keep it a while.

·
Registered
698 Posts
The 1300 is a pretty popular bike but omg I saw a new limited edition red suzuki M109R and got an instant boner. I've lusted after a 109r for some time but this was just jaw dropping beautiful. You can keep your tricked up HDs because this thing just dripped awesome power but still look freakin fantastic. Of couse if you like to be discrete and don't fancy red then stay away.
Thing is the 109 is way too much power for my needs so would probably consider a suz 1500 or yam/kawa equivalent once the 900 get's a bit older. My mate is waiting for a Yam 1300 to come up 2nd hand but I reckon I'd go for something a fraction bigger next time around.

Anyhow I hope you enjoy your new ride!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The 1300 is nice, I like the bike. It is smoother riding with the lower rpm's at higher speeds. I just have to get used to shifting later or it will lug along. It weighs more than the 900 but you only feel it moving it around in the garage. It handles very well, the wheel base is only 1.5 inches longer than the Classic. Was a good choice and will enjoy taking it to Sturgis this year, have not been since 2008.

·
Registered
273 Posts
big mistake. you'll regret it. but hey, thats just my opinion.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I went to sturgis in 2009.As you know, its a harley rally.I spent 4 days there,never will go again, and I owned an ultra classic at the time.I saw one rocket 3 andone goldwing the whole time i was there.I would much prefer riding a star than a dyna any day.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Congrads on your 1300 tourer I owned a raider brfore my vaquero more comfort for the wife should have dievorsed the wife and keep the raider haha just kidding love that wife good girl thats why I traded. But the new 1300 delux is another story realy like that bike mite try to trade for one not a big motor bike but the 1300 is a good power house and a tuff motor I like yamahas fit and finish very good right behind harley, victory and triumph. the 1300 delux is set up nice zuma nav xm if you want it ipod amd mp3 adpters wish it came with a back rest and luggue rack but have to buy them and rear floor boards. other than that ready to ride low rpms at cruise speed. Man Im talking myself itto one got to stop vaquero is running good and made for the long haul with the secound piston. Enjoy your ride and ride safe send some pics of it. Good luck.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
shacrawhi34 your a tool, keep drinking the kool-aide

Thanks for the link Scott, I have yet to find a real good Star forum but have not spent much time looking.

Doubleminded when we go to Sturgis, we go to the rally in the morning for a couple of days until lunch. We look at the displays, bikes and stuff. Grab some lunch and ride the countryside the rest of the time. My sister also lives in Rapid so we have an escape from the madness. We don't do the full throttle or other drunk fest stuff. I like to make it home the same way I went there, upright. But I agree it is not for everyone. The V Star 1300 will make the trip, my FXR will stay in the garage. I also have drag pipes on the FXR so I cannot ride it there. They have a muffler law. Ride safe.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts