Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD!

This is the Classic/LT version. I believe it can be adapted with some washers to fit the Custom (Custom owners, do some forum searching to determine what is needed to get this to work on your bikes), keep in mind you WILL need the stock brackets from your stock seat (I am not including stock brackets as they aren't included with the Mustang seat when purchased new)

The Mustang Wide Touring is about the most comfortable "off the shelf" seat money can buy. This one also has the removable backrest. It also has the studs and conchos to match the Classic LT vulcan (which has studs on it's saddlebags). I've ridden on this seat all over the place and enjoyed comfort for hundreds of miles at a time! This seat is where my 900 earned it's nickname "Couch-a-saki".

The good!

Great shape
No rips, tears, fading, or other signs of wear
It's COMFY!
It's the top of the line model for the 900

The not AS good;

Some surface rust on the chrome bracket for the backrest (Hey, what can I say, I ride whether the weatherman says I should or not). I'm going to tackle that with some steel wool and try to get rid of some or most of it; but 'full disclosure', it's there! Rust is ONLY on the backrest bracket, and nowhere else.

The worst part about this seat though is that it isn't mounted on your bike yet. Hurry up! These never stick around these forums long.

MSRP: $723

$450 shipped! Shoot me a PM. PayPal is preferred. If PayPal is absolutely not an option, I'll work with you, but I will not ship without CLEARED payment in hand, so keep that in mind.

Pics!

Leather in great shape. All stitching in tact.

Rust on bracket and bolts. Here in a 'macro shot', trying to make it as abundantly clear as possible. This was ridden in the rain, and this is what happens when you do that enough! BUT, when on the bike, it's far less visible. Just those screws, nuts, etc., part of the bracket. If the backrest is removed, no rust is visible anywhere (because there isn't any!). Backrests are replaceable from Mustang. (Functionally, there's nothing wrong with it).

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I see a few views, no bites yet. Don't wanna hang onto this thing forever. Shoot me an offer!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'd put in an offer of 375 shipped and paypal.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sounds fair. I'll take it. I may not be back at computer until later this afternoon/evening, but will get you paid as soon as this evening with your info.

Thanks.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The check is in the mail ;) ( its paypalled ) Thanks.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Seat received. Many thanks.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Enjoy it! Hope it works as well for you as it has for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts