Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
MODS YOU LOVE and want to pass on for others to do/get...

tried searching... is there one? shouldn't someone start one?!?! :)

EDITED TITLE

·
Registered
213 Posts
OK, here we go. I'll be the first one. The throttle lock is in the top along with drilling the pipes for more sound. I also have a 12 v. " cigarrette lighter" to charge GPS on long trips, Highway pegs attached to floorboards.
Thinking of lowering the bike, but no sure yet. the height if fine for me and my saddlebags cover the space between the fender end the tire. 'm gonna try to find a good pic to show some of the mods./

Take care and ride safe.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Wouldn't that have been just as easy as starting this thread?
hey now?!?! i thought someone mentioned there already was one in the disliked mods thread but could never find it... so i'll change this title... :)

my mods so far... clear lenses from Clear Alternatives make the back end look meaner... kury iso-grips are much more comfortable than the stock ones... vance & hines pipes debaffled -- like the look of some of the fuggin ones better though....

upgrades within the next week: side mount curved kury plate, small bullet lights -- to remove the back bracket for a cleaner look...

wanted upgrades: solo seat, engine guard, highway pegs a nice looking tach for the custom?!?!

·
Registered
711 Posts
1. Will start with TOP 3 that should be consider first mods.
Seat, Risers & Windshield

2. Then Performance:
Exhaust, Intake & Fuel Management

3. Then everything else:
Light Bar, Integrated Tail Light, Sissybar W/Rack, Throattle Lock, Hard Saddle Bags & Trunk (for long trips), OEM Gel Touring Style Seat (2up), Willie & Max Solo Seat (when solo), Avon 200/70/15 (rear) & 90/90/21 Metzler (front), Handlebar Tool Bag , Grips, Mirrors & VN900 Classic Rear Fender swap.

Mods to come soon:
Power outlet
Horn
ScootWorks front pulley. Had it but mine came defective so took it off do to numerous belt issues but will like to give it another shot soon. Difference was minimal just using the front but will try to do both this time.

Looks like I'm running out of options now...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ah, let me see here.

Cobra Crash Bar, I have had crash bars save me once on another bike and won't ride one again without them.

Kury Iso Grips are great, V&H Pipes sound pretty good. windshield and bags.

Need to do, Get a Gel insert put in the seats. There's a local auto upholstery shop around here that does them.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I love all of mine so far, just check the sig... :D

·
Registered
953 Posts
tried searching... is there one? shouldn't someone start one?!?! :)

EDITED TITLE
You just did. Let me start from the rear of the bike and go forward.

Cobra luggage rack
Cobra Sissy Bar with plain insert
Viking Saddle Bags
OEM Gel Touring Seat
Stock Exhaust (step 2 debaffle)
Scootworks front pulley
OEM Windshield
Lowers (Home made)
OEM Lightbar
Lindby Highway Bar

·
Registered
427 Posts
At the risk of appearing lazy, see my signature for the mods that my bike has...I've been very pleased with all of them.

More specifically, I just put on the Mustang seat a couple days ago, and took my first ride w/ it yesterday...what a great improvement. Probably added at least an inch of heighth (which I love) and pushed me a good inch, maybe a bit more, forward. Even though I'm a bit on the tall side at 6'1", I found that a vast improvement as well...feels like I'm part of the bike now instead of just riding it, for lack of a better description...it just feels "right." Plus, it's significantly more comfortable for driver and passenger alike.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Let's see, now

Oil temp .. at the oil cap
Oil pressure .. at the oil light sender ..still operational
Scootworks front pulley
revamped rear pulley coupler .. double race bearings and redesigned coupler
Shark 250 stereo
Air intake redesigned along the lines on "Ness Big Sucker" using 6 1/2" air filter and modified air box cover
GPS 200Nuvi
ram mount .. supports Nuvi and Etrex GPS
12v supply at "fabricated" dash
Kuryakan battery monitor .. charging system
Kuryakan heel/toe shift rubber
Kuryakan brake rubber pad
OEM highway bars
Cobra passenger floor boards
Heel rests .. driver floorboards
Drag Specialities tach
Driving lamps .. separate install at light bar
Sirius sat radio
front fender rail
Tuxedo tank bib with pouch
memory foam pad .. inserted in stock seat..black sheep skin pad
lowers .. fabricated from 5/16 Lexan(below windshield) using factory bought brackets
lowers for highway bars
front tool bag
rear accessory bag .. attached to back rest lower bar
Speedhealer
second battery installed in right saddle bag .. supplement source to aid accessories.
Windshield cut 2' shorter than stock
Altimax CT..
Marlin Temperature gauge and Marlin Clock
exterior signal indicators in the dash to come .. soon??

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
hey now?!?!
Sorry man, I was just bustin' your chops a little.

My faves have been Saddlemen jumbo teardrop bags, a Corbin seat with removeable backrest that can be used in either the driver or passenger position, and a Memphis Shades batwing fairing. This stuff is all quick release, so I can go from touring bike to cruiser in about 5 minutes. I prefer riding without a windshield or backrest, but on longer trips they're a must.

The wife really like the Kury wing passenger pegs.

I've also put on whitewalls and a front fender rail that really give the bike a look I like.

No performance mods. Yet. Might do pipes if I can find some that will make the tone deeper and not too awful loud.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
well... see if this works... just put on my side mount plate and trimmed the back bracket. plate holder has a small white LED strip to illuminate it. got the holder at a harley dealer, had to order the bracket on line.

http://www.vulcanforums.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1168&size=big

... anyone ever seen this installed? i like the MINI style because the 2" one I have is too big and the mount is awkward for the customs.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mini-Tachometer-w-Handlebar-Mount-fits-Harley-/290355062105?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item439a82a559

·
Registered
451 Posts
All my mods have been safety/comfort/utility related.

Started with an LT. See sig for mods.

Favorite is probably the Utopia driver backrest, but maybe just 'cause it's the newest.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Number one on all my bikes is the highway bars helps protect both the rider and the bike, very load horn, losts of lights on the front, air hawk seat, removable sheild, and bags. crews control, spare bulbs-head & tail light

one mod I would like is a good lighted compass that I don't have to take out a second mortgage to pay for, still looking.

other mods to coming, risers, better highway pegs, floorboards, more rear lights, trunk that will hold two FFH, one day a GPS. light engine/ground effects, Radiator chrome cover, flag pole & mount, better seat and on and on ..........

1 - 20 of 32 Posts