Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

I have seen one of these dressed up like a Harley with leather fringe etc.. but not with a side car. Is it funky enough to be cool, what do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah Rick I thought it was at the least unique but I told my 22 year old daughter that was what she was getting for her birthday tomorrow and got one of those why don't you go kill yourself looks in return.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Great Pic. Brought back some memories for me. When I was young in the UK, motorcycles and scooters with sidecars were quite common. In post WW2 austerity days few families could afford cars and went for these combinations instead. My Dad had a Norton 500cc sidevalve, with a double adult sidecar. At the weekends we used to go on day trips. My Mom was on the pillion and us 4 kids in the sidecar. It was great until one day the anchor bolt between the bike and sidecar snapped as we were rounding a curve. Fortunately, the sidecar didn't separate from the bike, but we turned over. We we were lucky, minor abrasions for us kids and a broken rib for Mom! Picture below similar to the combination we had.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know it looks retro but it is a 2009 with 2100 miles on it. It's for sale locally and in the ad it states " Jets up sized and performance exhaust ". I guess the owner was trying to squeeze an extra 1/4 hp out the little 2 stroke.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I know it looks retro but it is a 2009 with 2100 miles on it. It's for sale locally and in the ad it states " Jets up sized and performance exhaust ". I guess the owner was trying to squeeze an extra 1/4 hp out the little 2 stroke.
Then it must have been owned by a "tinkerer". I fiddle with stuff on my daughter go kart to try to get as much out of that little thing as possible.

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,854 Posts
Yeah Rick I thought it was at the least unique but I told my 22 year old daughter that was what she was getting for her birthday tomorrow and got one of those why don't you go kill yourself looks in return.

You know Tinker kids just don't change. I had a 63 Ford Falcon four door sedan I was rebuilding. I told my daughter that was going to be her car when she turned 16 and she said NO WAY would she be caught dead in that car. About 3 weeks later a guy made me a ridiculous offer on it. I asked him are you stupid??? He said stupid is that stupid does. Anyway my daughter comes home and screams WHERE'S MY CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just can't catch a break.

·
BOTM Winner, April 2015
766 Posts
Great Pic. Brought back some memories for me. When I was young in the UK, motorcycles and scooters with sidecars were quite common. In post WW2 austerity days few families could afford cars and went for these combinations instead. My Dad had a Norton 500cc sidevalve, with a double adult sidecar. At the weekends we used to go on day trips. My Mom was on the pillion and us 4 kids in the sidecar. It was great until one day the anchor bolt between the bike and sidecar snapped as we were rounding a curve. Fortunately, the sidecar didn't separate from the bike, but we turned over. We we were lucky, minor abrasions for us kids and a broken rib for Mom! Picture below similar to the combination we had.

Great story and pic of the side hack.
Must have been a blast to ride around on it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts