Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the Voyager is gone replaced by a 2014 Ultra Limited. Here is a pic of the new scoot. My Harley.jpg

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it is. It is the bomb.

·
Registered
141 Posts
congrats on the new bike! I have a friend with a '13 model Harley thats trading in on a new one. Lots of interest in the new watercooled models. I'm thinking Harley took a chance thats going to pay off big.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I was just down at the local HD shop dropping off a friend so he could pick his trike up, and took advantage of the opportunity to peruse the new '14 models. The Ultra Limited is the liquid cooled model. The Ultra Classic is not. Aside from that, they are pretty much identical, other than the Limited, I think, has the high output 103 engine.

There are a lot of subtle changes, cosmetically, and for the good. The batwing fairing has been re-designed. The shape is better, aerodynamically, and there is now a slot at the top that allows air to come up behind the windscreen, to relieve some of the back pressure at speed. The luggage has been redesigned at bit, and looks like it has a smoother appearance, and the saddlebag lids now have an easy open feature with a lever. Kinda reminds me of a small chromed flush lever on a toilet. The coup de gras, though, is the new audio system with an interactive touch screen feature. On the showroom floor, at least, the sound is way awesome.

Just how to they ride? Dunno. It's still winter here, and even though the streets are clear and it's in the 40's, there's no riding yet. But it's fun to look. The price tags are impressive, too. Oh yeah, the two small radiators are located in the fairing lowers that mount to the crash bars. You'd never notice it from the rear, but from the front, you can see the small radiator screens, but they blend in nicely.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts