Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my 2008 900 classic this week. I got a deal that was too good to pass up. I bought a 2006 1600 Vulcan nomad in mint condition. I'm going to miss my 900 though. It was great bike. Thanks to everyone who has given me advice on this forum for the past 2 years. Your help has been invaluable. I'll be on the 1600 forum trying to learn the ropes on my nomad. Ride safe, Brian

·
Registered
399 Posts
I sold my 2008 900 classic this week. I got a deal that was too good to pass up. I bought a 2006 1600 Vulcan nomad in mint condition. I'm going to miss my 900 though. It was great bike. Thanks to everyone who has given me advice on this forum for the past 2 years. Your help has been invaluable. I'll be on the 1600 forum trying to learn the ropes on my nomad. Ride safe, Brian
Good luck, and enjoy!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Congrads on the 1600 be glad for the good times on the 9 and take comfort there is alot of info on the 1600 on here. Good luck, ride safe and enjoy the new 1600.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Great bike the 1600.

On one of my trips I bumped into a guy who had one. He came over to chat when he saw that I had the 900. He commented that he missed his 900. His wife had decided to ride and as such he figured he needed to upsize. He found weight and size to be an issue. Wouldn't mind having your feedback as you go along.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Good luck with the new bike, drop in and lets us know how you are doing

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Denis I have already discovered there is a weight issue. I always leaned my 900 over to let my off easier. I tried that the other day with my nomad. I won't make that mistake again, lol. It is definitely made for the open road. It's to high geared to putt around town on. I do love the fact that you can run 75 to 80 and not feel like the motor is wound tight.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Nobody says you have to leave this forum. I started out here with my '09 custom and still have it. But since joining this forum I also picked up a '04 Nomad. My Nomad is my main rider now but I still ride my 900 and love it. They are two totally different bikes but are both almost bullet proof. I like to check in here regularly to see if I can lend advice or learn something new. And my friends that own another name brand bike can't understand how I can afford to have two awesome bikes for the price they paid for one. I know this site has a section for the 1600's but if you really want to learn about your Nomad, try this site out: http://vulcanbagger.com/forums/

Congrats on the new ride and keep the shiny side up!!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Thanks for sharing Brian! Very good points. I see the nomads all over. Nice machines. Before I bought my 900 I sat on the Nomad...it's was a fine line on which one I was going home with. However, every time I walk the bike into the garage I'm reminded of one reason why I chose the 900. As I age, that seems to nail home even harder! I can certainly appreciate the open road and low rev's. There's something to be said for that!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts