Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a few months now, I've had a strange whistling noise that hasn't effected performance but I still want to know what it is. It's a low whistle tone that initiates when I let off on the throttle after revving the engine - I took apart the air box and couldn't find anything loose in there, which was my initial assumption. Oh, and the sound started after I got on it pretty hard one day. Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated, especially if they're simple. . . there might have been something stupid that I've overlooked (like normal lol).

·
Registered
34 Posts
For a few months now, I've had a strange whistling noise that hasn't effected performance but I still want to know what it is. It's a low whistle tone that initiates when I let off on the throttle after revving the engine - I took apart the air box and couldn't find anything loose in there, which was my initial assumption. Oh, and the sound started after I got on it pretty hard one day. Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated, especially if they're simple. . . there might have been something stupid that I've overlooked (like normal lol).
Helmet maybe? Just an idea

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope, it's on the bike - it'll do it when the bike is stationary. Thanks for the idea tho

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
My guess is the gas cap. The tank pulls a suction and its the air being sucked it. No problem but if you want it to stop just loosen the gas cap and let the air in. It will stop immediately and then just retighten the cap.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll give it a try this week and let you know what I find out! Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry for not replying about the gas cap - I got busy and completely forgot. Either way, I tried removing the cap and the sound persisted. I made a video so you all can hear the sound and hopefully recognize it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts