Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
END OF YEAR BIKE 2018 Winner
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in January there was this unusual day of warmth and sunshine. I exclaimed to the wife, "I'm gonna take full advantage of this and take Buffy out for a ride."

She remarked, "Odds are you'll pay for that later. You said the bike gods don't like it when you mess with the system." Of course I laughed.

At the beginning of April I took the Mink blanket off the bed, turned off the heaters and secured the wood stove in the Man Cave. I day dreamed of sunny days in the wind riding my steel horse. Then the bike gods exacted their revenge for that January ride. Winter returned. I had to turn the heaters back on and put the Mink blanket back on the bed.

Since then I haven't been able to ride, so I have been spending time in the Cave rubbing on Buffy and consoling her. For the last three days I've had to fire up the wood stove!

Last night I was whining :crying2: about the weather and how it's cramping my riding and fishing. The wife just smiled and said, "You know you're going to evoke the wrath of the bike gods. LOL, it'll probably snow now!"

I like to get up early with my dogs and have a cup of coffee while surfing the net and catching up on the news and browse the forums. I check the weather every morning in the hopes that riding and fishing will be on the schedule. And guess what? 100% chance of snow tomorrow!

So today I will go out to the cave and fire up the wood stove and break the bad news to Buffy. She isn't going to be happy.

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,854 Posts
I feel so sorry for you northern boys. Our high for tomorrow is 78 and sunny. So I'm going fishing in the morning then riding in the afternoon.:devil2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts