Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, maybe it's just some weird placebo effect, but i swear my SE rides smoother now that i mounted the bags this weekend. i used the Easy brackets and have the saddlemen teardrop bags. maybe some aerodynamic advantage or the bike just knows it looks cooler now and is responding accordingly by offering me a nicer ride....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know. Can't opine without a picture of your bags on/off and all around looks ya big tease!
i'll get pics up ASAP :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Usually you get a better ride with more weight, but I can't imagine the bags making the difference unless you loaded them with rocks.:D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Usually you get a better ride with more weight, but I can't imagine the bags making the difference unless you loaded them with rocks.:D
loaded with rocks, no.....loaded with some blood from the drill bit chewing up my finger and and about a gallon of sweat. If four letter words had mass, the bags would be full of those too :D

·
Registered
657 Posts
I have a 900 LT. I installed ghost brackets which I can highly recommend) so I can remove my saddle bags periodically to clean the back end of the bike and take a ride or two without the bags. There's no doubt the ride is different between with and without the bags attached. I feel a bit more control with the bags on. They don't weigh all that much, but the wind resistance has to count for part of the reason. On the flip side, without the bags the back feels a bit lighter and (Heaven forbid I use this particular term) sportier, but not like a sport bike. Of course without the wind resistance, the bike also feels peppier.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Man, you have that wind resistance thing right. If I didn't have the Slab to take to work today I might consider not having the windshield on. But I took it off last night to see what its like and at 65-80 mph there is just a big old force trying to knock you off the bike. Kinda took the fun off of riding it. Course just coming down the 45 and 55 mph roads it was kinda nice. With the exception of the bugs I just HAD to smear all over my FF faceplate.

Oh well, it was worth a test.

The bike is WAY more peppier with the shield off. Evidently I'm a little more aerodynamic then the shield.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts