Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
'04 Vulcan 500 Ltd
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Has someone installed on their Vulcan 500 LTD one of those smoked LED taillights with built-in turn signals?
Something like this (I hope it's ok to paste the image)

(This particular image is from a tail light for a Harley, but you get the idea.)
Can't find anything online for the Vulcan 500.

Suggestions welcome. Thanks!

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have a similar item on my 900 Classic. Was unsure at first as to the quality and whether it would fit, but was pleasantly surprised as it fitted the tail light really well and was easy to tap into the rear indicators. I chose the clear lens as I already have clear Indicator lenses with orange bulbs. The end result is great and the kit came came with all hardware necessary to fit. This is what I bought (eBay).

·
Registered
2009 Vulcan 500
355 Posts
Hi all,
Has someone installed on their Vulcan 500 LTD one of those smoked LED taillights with built-in turn signals?
Something like this (I hope it's ok to paste the image)
View attachment 250658
(This particular image is from a tail light for a Harley, but you get the idea.)
Can't find anything online for the Vulcan 500.

Suggestions welcome. Thanks!
Aftermarket for the 500 isn't very good...it just keeps getting worse as time goes on as well.
Crash bars are hard to find..sissy bars as well..there may not be an Aftermarket assembly for what you are looking for with the taillight.

·
Registered
'04 Vulcan 500 Ltd
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a similar item on my 900 Classic. Was unsure at first as to the quality and whether it would fit, but was pleasantly surprised as it fitted the tail light really well and was easy to tap into the rear indicators. I chose the clear lens as I already have clear Indicator lenses with orange bulbs. The end result is great and the kit came came with all hardware necessary to fit. This is what I bought (eBay).

Thank you, Ramakill. I'm glad you found something that worked well for you. Unfortunately, the shape of the 900's tail light is very different from the 500's. Actually, I think mine is quite similar to the Harley's... Actually, I'm going to see if I can get it on Amazon, so I can try it, and if it doesn't work, I can easily return it.
I found a couple of "universal" kits on ebay, but I don't really like any of them.
I will have to keep looking, I guess.
Thanks again, stay safe!

·
Registered
'04 Vulcan 500 Ltd
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aftermarket for the 500 isn't very good...it just keeps getting worse as time goes on as well.
Crash bars are hard to find..sissy bars as well..there may not be an Aftermarket assembly for what you are looking for with the taillight.
Apparently, the 500 has never been very popular in the US, and that explains the lack of aftermarket items for this particular model here.
I am new to cruisers, still trying to get used to this one, but have zero interest in something bigger. Actually, if I end not enjoying it (which would have nothing to do with the [lack of] availability of aftermarket parts), I might just get back to my 170cc scooter.

Anyway, if you want crash guards, sissy bars, etc., there is a family shop in the Philippines that could make them: Von & Hans Metalcrafts. They have been focused on other models, but are willing to give the 500 a try (we'd have to provide the measurements, etc. for our projects, maybe via Facebook video).
Cheers!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Thank you, Ramakill. I'm glad you found something that worked well for you. Unfortunately, the shape of the 900's tail light is very different from the 500's. Actually, I think mine is quite similar to the Harley's... Actually, I'm going to see if I can get it on Amazon, so I can try it, and if it doesn't work, I can easily return it.
I found a couple of "universal" kits on ebay, but I don't really like any of them.
I will have to keep looking, I guess.
Thanks again, stay safe!
No problem Trekker, happy to help and good luck with your search. I note that aftermarket accessories and parts are even becoming harder to get these days for the 900. With the current craze on ‘adventure‘ style bikes, the market just isn’t out there anymore. I was really surprised after getting back onto a cruiser bike, that Cruiser Customizing is no longer in business. Back when I was riding cruisers some 10 years ago, they were the go to company for all things Cruiser.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts