Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I l picked up my bike with 4k original miles. It's as my name here suggests is an 06 Vulcan. The previous owner left it sitting over the winter so it wouldn't start (hence why I only paid 850 for it) and eventually after figuring out it was just fouled spark plugs after I disassembled the carbs and they were fine.

Now this is the tricky bit. The pilot jet on one side decided to strip itself and snap the head off on assembly. So I actually put it back together as the jet itself was "okay" and it actually started and ran fine. Except one issue, it seemed to once in a while pop the carb itself out of the boot and kill itself. So I assumed it was that pesky jet and ordered a new jet kit that included a pilot jet, replaced that, and it started like a dream. Now I've had the issue here and there of it popping out the carb starting on a cold morning for some reason still. I put 500 miles on with barely any issues until it started to build up pressure in the gas tank? It almost looks like exhaust or smoke. Can hear it while I'm riding steady (ppsssrrrrrrrr)and the bike is running a little funny. Almost a clicking sound? Now I thought maybe it was finally breaking in and put like 90 instead of 85 in it for gas with a bit of lucas and it seems to have fixed the ailment. Any ideas to why? For the first 450 miles it ran like a dream

1 - 1 of 1 Posts