Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
just purchased an 04 Vn2000. while out riding wth some friends they mentioned that when I start out or crack it open the exhaust smells and there is no noticable smoke. The bike runs fine and has plent of power. The bike has 16000m, cobra pipes and fuel nanny. Has anyone got any advice or run across this problem? My first thought is that it is running a little rich and need to adjust the fuel nanny. (as the guy I bought from called it) Any suggestions would be much appreciated. thanks

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
this is too rich to just let this one go

while nut riding with some friends they mentioned that when I start out or crack it open the exhaust smells and there is no noticable smoke. The bike runs fine and has plent of power. My first thought is that it is running a little rich and need to adjust the fuel nanny.
A buser, stop riding your nut. with or without freinds. don't that hurt? lose those so called friends. if they cant stand yor smell (can you blame them?) they'r not smart nuff to ride faster than you? you need new ones. smarter, faster ones.
Smoke em if you got em. smoke is a sign of oil. in the combustion. not good. check your plugs. monitor your oil level/consumption. if yor burning it, you got problems. probably rings not seated from improper break in procedure. Measure exactly how much oil comes out when you change it. as compared to how much you put in. 5qts. If they dont match, your loosing-burning it.

set your nanny for good running and leave it alone. quit playing w/your nanny.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No Nut riding here, just bad spelling. I here you about the smoke but there is none, I will keep an eye on the oil level though. Was not really in the market for the big bike but was hooked as soon I cracked it open on the open road. Thanks

·
Registered
305 Posts
If your running rich you will smell fuel from the exhaust and if your running lean you will get a lot of poping and backfiring. what pipes and air cleaner are you using and what settings is your fuel processor set to. The fuel processor will be under your seat and has three dials on it which is located under the little cover. If you have the cobra FI2000 or 2000R, I believe stock setting is 3-5-0. This setting is for Slip on aftermarket and full exhaust may require a higher setting. You have to play with these dials and do test runs to see which setting works best with your set up. Get back to me and let me know which setting you are at. I also use the FI2000R and currently have it set to 3-5-0 with Cobra speedster longs and still have stock air cleaner. I get a little poping and occaisional backfire on decell so im going to try one setting up and see how that works.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts