Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YEAHH, just got my smartpartz baffles installed, definatly a difference in sound im happy the neigbors are happy and they work.had to ride behind everybody yesterday cuz they kept saying how loud it was to follow, so im glad i got these it also took away the harsh rap and made it alot quieter inside the helmet.:):)

·
Registered
161 Posts
YEAHH, just got my smartpartz baffles installed, definatly a difference in sound im happy the neigbors are happy and they work.had to ride behind everybody yesterday cuz they kept saying how loud it was to follow, so im glad i got these it also took away the harsh rap and made it alot quieter inside the helmet.:):)
i ordered the smartpatrz baffles and cobra quite core baffles , i will instal them this saterday on my Cobra Dragsters and i am hopping to get the sound that i am looking for .

·
Registered
50 Posts
I installed the quiet core baffles in my Cobra speedster shorts about a month ago. No more ear plugs needed, still sounds great with the bonus of no more backfiring upon decel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Greetings people. New guy here. with an 06 900LT. I also installed the smartpartz baffles with the cobra quiet core baffles. It has a nice low rumble when needed but is much quiter at idle and it seems to me that it has a little more power as well. An added bonus is the backfiring is almost completely gone now. Oh and I too have the Cobra slashtip pipes. Our fair city has decided to crack down on loud pipes this summer and I thought I'd fix the noise before they made me. I saw a couple officers doing a speed trap and rode up to them and had them listen to the pipes. They said that they hardly noticed me going by and even revving the engine wasn't overly loud. Looks like I'm good to go for this summer. :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Greetings people. New guy here. with an 06 900LT. I also installed the smartpartz baffles with the cobra quiet core baffles. It has a nice low rumble when needed but is much quiter at idle and it seems to me that it has a little more power as well. An added bonus is the backfiring is almost completely gone now. Oh and I too have the Cobra slashtip pipes. Our fair city has decided to crack down on loud pipes this summer and I thought I'd fix the noise before they made me. I saw a couple officers doing a speed trap and rode up to them and had them listen to the pipes. They said that they hardly noticed me going by and even revving the engine wasn't overly loud. Looks like I'm good to go for this summer. :)
yea,the baffles do work but im still trying to get rid of the backfiring its not as bad as it was but it its still their,so im still trying to get my fi2000 adjusted properly.

·
Registered
161 Posts
smartpartz

i have a question regarding the combonation of smartpartz and cobra quite core, it seems to me that there isn't much clearance or space between the two parts at the end where they connect ? iam not sure if this would be a problem ? it looks like a chocking point for the exchust flow if know what i mean ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have a question regarding the combonation of smartpartz and cobra quite core, it seems to me that there isn't much clearance or space between the two parts at the end where they connect ? iam not sure if this would be a problem ? it looks like a chocking point for the exchust flow if know what i mean ?
I could not get the Smartpartz baffle over the quiet baffle and use the screw to hold it in place. There just wasn't enough clearance between the pipe and the quiet baffle. So what I did was drill a hole at the end of the pipe and mount it there. That way, your a couple of inches away from the quiet baffle as well. It sounds great and I was surprised at how much quieter the pipe is with that smartpartz baffle in the end compared to just the quiet baffle. All in all, the pipes are quieter and more subdued as well still having a very nice sound on the highway. It honestly sounds the way a cruiser should sound and is still louder than stock. To me it sounded very similiar to a Mean Strek exhaust.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea, as far as mounting the baffles im going to shave the end of one of them it sticks out about 1/8 inch and also had a hard time getting it to fit in the lower pipe i sat them both side by side and one is just a tad longer than the other,too many other projects going on right now, not even 5 minutes to fix but i will get er done.

·
Registered
161 Posts
when i finished putting the two parts together ( smartpartz & quite core ) i started the engine few seconds later i noticed some smoke coming out from and around the screws were the engine and the exchust are connected i don't know if the very little clearance between the two baffels made alot of preasure that could over heat the engine ? or just the lock tite is burning ?? i don't want to take any chances so i removed the smartpartz . i have ordered the 15 inch ones ? maybe 19 inch is better , more clearance at end part ??

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
when i finished putting the two parts together ( smartpartz & quite core ) i started the engine few seconds later i noticed some smoke coming out from and around the screws were the engine and the exchust are connected i don't know if the very little clearance between the two baffels made alot of preasure that could over heat the engine ? or just the lock tite is burning ?? i don't want to take any chances so i removed the smartpartz . i have ordered the 15 inch ones ? maybe 19 inch is better , more clearance at end part ??
i had the same problem with mine,thought i could get away with using the same exhaust gaskets,bought new ones and put them in and it took care of the problem.did you change yours?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts