Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really don't like the stock windshield that comes with the 900 Classic. I think it's way too big. Does anyone know if anyone makes a smaller windshield that will fit the 900 Classic??

Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm using a universal windshield that I have from my Virago and it fits pretty good. I dont' like the look of windshields, but after having a back fracture, I have pain between my shoulders for days after riding without one. I bought it on ebay for under $100 and its "Spitfire" brand. Its night here but I could take a photo tomorrow for you.

I think its only around 40cm high from memory and blocks the wind drag on my chest, no buffering but isn't high enough to block wind in my face. Sound like what your looking for?

·
Registered
415 Posts
kawasaki makes a stock windshield for the 9 they call a 'short kit', it's about 4-5" shorter, and if you install it as close to the headlight as you can, seeing over it is just fine, had the dealer order mine when i bought my 2012....ride on......

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cut my "too tall" factory windshield last Saturday and it turned out great. Took about 4" off on my band saw in 1 cut, then took my palm sander to the edges, was easy! Kawasaki has the short windshield, plastic only part # K99994-0059R available for $140.69 on the kawasaki.ca website, but I could not find it on kawasaki.com, saw some on eBay for $116.95

·
Registered
175 Posts
I really don't like the stock windshield that comes with the 900 Classic. I think it's way too big. Does anyone know if anyone makes a smaller windshield that will fit the 900 Classic??

Thanks!
Here's a picture of what I made out of 1/8" plexi. Fairley easy and really cheap.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have the National Cycle Deflector on my custom. I went with the switchblade version so I can detach quickly, but the mounted version is less expensive. Great shield for getting the blast off your chest

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
175 Posts

Thanks!
I just sold my Vulcan and used to have this small windshield on until I made the other one and would like to sell it if you're interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
I bought a National Cycles Screen

I bought a really nice small tinted screen made by National Cycles.

Google for: NATIONAL CYCLE DEFLECTOR SCREEN DX N2595A

National Cycles answered all my questions and were very helpfull. Fitting was straight forward and it works well. It also doesnt buffet. Cost well below the $300 plus figure someone else mentioned earlier.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Roo

·
Registered
48 Posts
I put on the Memphis Shades Classic Deuce for $199. It's small and looks good on the bike, but it may be too small to really work since I still feel a lot of buffeting. I couldn't find anything against handlebar mounted windshields and it seems good to me and I could easily remove if I wanted. My bike is red, but I went with the black shading - I think it looks better.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 16 of 16 Posts