1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
87 Posts
I would get the Emgo. It's designed to be a louder sounding muffler. Drilling holes in your existing muffler is "ghetto". It makes it louder, but it sounds like shite. I replaced my stock mufflers with a set of Dynas. Louder, and sounds pretty good. But I've heard the Emgo mufflers on the Vulcan 500, and I must admit, I'm tempted to get them. I just not keen on the turned out look for the 500. That's just my preference though.

Oh, and don't forget to get reducer rings. You'll need them, as third party mufflers don't exactly fit the header pipe. They can be a little bit bigger.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I installed the Emgo exhaust on my 500 over the winter. The pipes will ship with three reducer rings each, which you will need as erics72 pointed out -- no need to purchase separately though.

I will tell you that the pipes are LOUD. Much louder than you will hear from a youtube video of them. Perhaps a little too loud for my taste (and my neighbors) but I like the aesthetic and can't justify spending more than $90 for the whole set.

Another consideration: you will probably need to rejet your carbs. I haven't pulled my plugs to look but judging from engine noise that will be an upcoming project.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts