Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or is traffic on this forum just slow lately? I recently joined and am very interested in picking up a new Vulcan this Spring--probably a 1700 Nomad or, if it rides to my satisfaction, possibly a V2K. But I log on here and don't see much going on compared to the Gold Wing board I'm a member of. Maybe it's just the winter blues, you know, PMS---Parked Motorcycle Syndrome.

All in all, from what I see here, as a newbie on this forum, I like it, and you all seem like a straight-up, good bunch of folks. Lots of knowledge here, too. Let's talk it up to while away the winter months.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is what I'm thinking of doing. I'm starting to have comfort issues with the Wing. It's a heck of a bike, but if I'm not comfortable on it, then it's no fun. I really like the cruiser riding position, and then there's just something about riding a V-Twin cruiser.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have an 09 Vulcan 900lt that the wife rides, and a 09 yamaha venture I ride. I cant imagine going back to a standard cruiser. I rode the victory vision last fall, and that will be my next bike. The venture is very comfortable, but not near as much as the vision, and the new kawasaki is just too small for me, as well as a host of minor issues that kawasaki has yet to work through. It might be hard for you to "downgrade" from a full dresser to a standard cruiser. besides, no cruise controll? No way.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can live without all the bells and whistles. In fact, I really like the minimalist approach. It's like getting back to the basics. And, the new 1700 Nomad does have cruise control. yup, I've ridden a Nomad before. I like it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I chose the V2K mainly because of it's styling, handling,comfortable riding position and because I fell in lust with it. I originally had my heart set on a Harley Softail custom but at 35,000.00 + on roads here in Aus, well the bubble burst. The V2K has it's own issues but these are personal little things I would like to see changed but overall I am very pleased with it. I live in the Northern Rivers area of the state of NSW and we have some of the best riding weather and roads. Where else can you go from sea to mountains through rainforest and Eucalypt forest all within a couple of hours from home. This bike just eats up the road and you eat up the magnificent scenery. You just have to love that.

Cheers and Beers.

Bob

·
Registered
538 Posts
This forum has always been a bit quiet. You're very right about the populace though.........nice bunch of guys and gals.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I like to bounce between this forum and VROC, both are a little slow, but the people are great and I have learned a lot.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I looked at the 2010 Nomad at the show yesterday nd also the new Voyager. Though the Voyager is cramped for me, the small price difference between the 23 would make me go for the Voyager over the Nomad.

·
Registered
48 Posts
That is what I'm thinking of doing. I'm starting to have comfort issues with the Wing. It's a heck of a bike, but if I'm not comfortable on it, then it's no fun. I really like the cruiser riding position, and then there's just something about riding a V-Twin cruiser.
Mr Spock i also go to the Goldwing forum.It's a good site.I sold my Wing last summer as it rained every weekend.I just bought a new Voyager I know it's not a Wing but a great looking bike and time will tell how i like it
Bill

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Is it just me or is traffic on this forum just slow lately? I recently joined and am very interested in picking up a new Vulcan this Spring--probably a 1700 Nomad or, if it rides to my satisfaction, possibly a V2K. But I log on here and don't see much going on compared to the Gold Wing board I'm a member of. Maybe it's just the winter blues, you know, PMS---Parked Motorcycle Syndrome.

All in all, from what I see here, as a newbie on this forum, I like it, and you all seem like a straight-up, good bunch of folks. Lots of knowledge here, too. Let's talk it up to while away the winter months.
Have you gotten a new ride yet? 1700 and the 2K excellent bikes for sure

1 - 14 of 14 Posts