Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just installed the ss-20 stealth windshield on the custom, i like the looks but the verdict is still out if it done any thing for the wind. will try and get some miles on it this weekend and post my review.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
That is one good looking windshield. I'd be interested in how much wind it actually moves off the rider....

·
Registered
658 Posts
just installed the ss-20 stealth windshield on the custom, i like the looks but the verdict is still out if it done any thing for the wind. will try and get some miles on it this weekend and post my review.
looks cool, can you take pics from other angles?

·
Registered
252 Posts
The windshield does look really good on the Custom. I have tried the KAW Fire and Steel Mid-size, the Plexi-Fairing II and now have a HD FLH Fairing. The two windshields did what they were advertized to, but they all let tons of air come up from under the shied. Even the HD Fairing lets a good amount of air under, but a lot less than the windshields. The problem I think comes from the riding position of the Custom you are lower behind the triple trees so this exposes you to more air from under any windshield you install without lowers.

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't trade the Custom for a Classic or LT for anything you just got to be ready to deal with the trade offs.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope it does not cause helmet buffeting, i can live with the air as long as my head dont bob around. will get it out on the road this weekend sometime.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
The windshield does look really good on the Custom. I have tried the KAW Fire and Steel Mid-size, the Plexi-Fairing II and now have a HD FLH Fairing. The two windshields did what they were advertized to, but they all let tons of air come up from under the shied. Even the HD Fairing lets a good amount of air under, but a lot less than the windshields. The problem I think comes from the riding position of the Custom you are lower behind the triple trees so this exposes you to more air from under any windshield you install without lowers.

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't trade the Custom for a Classic or LT for anything you just got to be ready to deal with the trade offs.
Plus 1. the fork sliders do not allow for lowers to be installed high enough, on the classic they have covers over them to attach the lowers.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally got around to riding the bike today after the windshield install, I must say that it does move the air over my head but it causes air from underneath to come up and buffet against my chest and shoulders. Going to try and fab up some lowers just to test if it is possible to put some lowers on it that will stop the wind from coming up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts