Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 13 Voyager with OEM stereo and are thinking of getting either V&H twin slash or Cobras Billet 4" slip ons. Can you still hear the stereo good with these slip ons? Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
i have a set of Cobra slip ons on my vaquero. i have no issues hearing the stereo in the street or at highway speed

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have the V&H slip ons. With the 13 inch windshield I can hear the OEM radio at o
80-85 mph easy. Any faster and its wind in my ears not the exhaust that drowns the music out.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I think it depends on helmet choice. Some have complained and upgraded the stereo as well. Now everyone around you gets either enjoy or not your choice in music.

Sounds like a balance between exhaust note and stereo volume needs to be found.

I wear a modular helmet with speakers. I can enjoy the music without pissing off everyone around me

·
Registered
547 Posts
I have the V&H slip ons. With the 13 inch windshield I can hear the OEM radio at o
80-85 mph easy. Any faster and its wind in my ears not the exhaust that drowns the music out.
Almost a Ditto... V&H as well... add an amp and you can hear over wind noise and pipes above 85... :grin2:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I'm going to the V&H slip ons. Got on Ebay with a seller with a 99.7% rating. Hope they are good. Decent price I think. We will See...

·
Registered
81 Posts
I asked the same question to guy that had just V&H slip-ons and he said he hesitated when he answered....I left mine stock.

The volume of the stereo is more important the volume of my bike. My Voyager has 33k miles and it will get louder on its own.

Now if I really want loud, I have a 07 CVO Road King with straight pipes w/fishtails. The guys in my club make me ride in back...LOL

·
Registered
281 Posts
I asked the same question to guy that had just V&H slip-ons and he said he hesitated when he answered....I left mine stock.

The volume of the stereo is more important the volume of my bike. My Voyager has 33k miles and it will get louder on its own.

Now if I really want loud, I have a 07 CVO Road King with straight pipes w/fishtails. The guys in my club make me ride in back...LOL
Lmao. I ride with the guy I sold my 1500 classic to. Samson slasher exhaust. I hate myself riding behind him afer about 30 minutes. Sheesh did not realize how loud my bike was.. :grin2: She do sound good though.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts

My bike has a nice deep sound at 50,000 miles. There is a fine line between a nice sound and obnoxious and too many riders cross that line which makes civilians hate motorcycles.

·
Registered
281 Posts
My Vaq is very tame compared to my 1500 classic. Nice deep rumble with the V&H slipons like the flowmasters on my charger.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts