Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I like to wear a skully in my helmet as it helps to keep my hair from looking like a complete hot mess when I take my helmet off and they also serve as a way to not have to wash the liner in my helmet as often as the skully gets most of the sweat from head and not the liner.

Granted instead of wild matted hair I end up with straight back matted hair... lmao, not much different but still better than wild.

The problem I'm running into is that the ones I have, well most of them, have a seam right across the front of the forehead and can create a hot-spot right on the forehead after a while. I'm curious as to if anyone else here uses similar stuff and if they would share what they use and where they get them.

Right now the ones I'm getting I can get right at walmart without issue for like 2.50 a pop, not bad but I would like something better....

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright you pains in the butt, lol.

I'm serious about this one, I need something to replace my skullies that don't have a seam in a bad place. Anyone know of any good alternatives?

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
lmao, I'm not wearing some floral print crap on my head..... not happening.
man, you got nobody hep'in you fine a new noggin scarf.. figur'd Ida chip in with some rea'serch.. so here be some diggins;

1st we got us a magnificint display of typical floral print, aint she pretty?
Dos we got us a badass girl showin she dont take no krap from nobody..you?
Truciary is an arabian open market assortment to give you some glimpse of all the possibilites now available to yor female slaves.
4'st is of corse mr.pres jibberjabberin w/the Queen. even she dons a traditional babushka affixed to her cranial orb in the most secure manner. should consider the method as it gives a degree of comfort to the jowels and kovers the ears from all the radacious noise eminating from the minions.

5thly and as a wrap up, I included proper visual de'strucions on how to apply the said Slave Identifying Marker to the said Slave.. complete with step by step assembly and affix'tation..
HOW TO TIE A SCARF - BABUSHKA

1). Fold your 36" square in half, creating a triangle

2). Place folded edge centered on forehead

3). Pull ends around back of head, and tie either in a knot or bow over backend.

Tips:
This style has to sit snugly over the forehead, or it could slip! Great for covering up a low forehead!

When to Wear:
I love this style at beach when I want to cover up wet hair - great for bad hair days! Grace Kelly wore this under big straw hats!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Personally I don't mind my hair looking like crap when I take my helmet off - It draws attention away from the bugs in my teeth . . .

·
Registered
98 Posts
...The problem I'm running into is that the ones I have, well most of them, have a seam right across the front of the forehead....
....Right now the ones I'm getting I can get right at walmart without issue for like 2.50 a pop, not bad but I would like something better....
What Ponch is telling you is true.....

The problem you're having is that you are USING the CHEAP premaid "do-rags" from Wal~Mart that are SEWN/fabricated WITH a seam in the front - so YUP - it's gonna leave that "seam impression" across your forehead.
Basically? You're getting what you pay for (and you're NOT liking the results)

Ponch is telling you (if I may attempt a loose translation lol) that if you BUY a FULL piece of cloth (yes, a FULL bandana from the men's department or "scarf" from the ladie's department) and FOLD the material as he indicated, followed by "tying" it onto your head - you avoid the sewn/prefabricated seam issue.

Hats, helmets, scarves, etc - ALL cause the same problem "broken" hair (flatted if you're from the south lol)

Also, although hats, helmets, scarves CAN be a "fashion-statement" they are "tools" that function as many things from sweat absorbtion, liner, hair-cover etc - NONE of them which have the results of your hair looking "GQ" after their removal.

Besides - we've seen your :eek: pic :eek: from your website lol, a "bad-hair day" is NOT the first thing someone is going to notice about you LOL (j/k) :)

:) :D :)

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
man, you got nobody hep'in you fine a new noggin scarf.. figur'd Ida chip in with some rea'serch.. so here be some diggins;

5thly and as a wrap up, I included proper visual de'strucions on how to apply the said Slave Identifying Marker to the said Slave.. complete with step by step assembly and affix'tation..
HOW TO TIE A SCARF - BABUSHKA

1). Fold your 36" square in half, creating a triangle

2). Place folded edge centered on forehead

3). Pull ends around back of head, and tie either in a knot or bow over backend.

Tips:
This style has to sit snugly over the forehead, or it could slip! Great for covering up a low forehead!

When to Wear:
I love this style at beach when I want to cover up wet hair - great for bad hair days! Grace Kelly wore this under big straw hats!
so this is what you were trying to get at this whole time... lmao. Man we have to teach you some english skills, lmao. I get what you are saying but I'm just trying to find a premade one that's of quality. Someone has to make one.... lol
Personally I don't mind my hair looking like crap when I take my helmet off - It draws attention away from the bugs in my teeth . . .
I wear a full face, so I don't have that issue... lol.
What Ponch is telling you is true.....

The problem you're having is that you are USING the CHEAP premaid "do-rags" from Wal~Mart that are SEWN/fabricated WITH a seam in the front - so YUP - it's gonna leave that "seam impression" across your forehead.
Basically? You're getting what you pay for (and you're NOT liking the results)

Ponch is telling you (if I may attempt a loose translation lol) that if you BUY a FULL piece of cloth (yes, a FULL bandana from the men's department or "scarf" from the ladie's department) and FOLD the material as he indicated, followed by "tying" it onto your head - you avoid the sewn/prefabricated seam issue.

Hats, helmets, scarves, etc - ALL cause the same problem "broken" hair (flatted if you're from the south lol)

Also, although hats, helmets, scarves CAN be a "fashion-statement" they are "tools" that function as many things from sweat absorbtion, liner, hair-cover etc - NONE of them which have the results of your hair looking "GQ" after their removal.

Besides - we've seen your :eek: pic :eek: from your website lol, a "bad-hair day" is NOT the first thing someone is going to notice about you LOL (j/k)
Yeah, most of the time I can understand what ponch is saying but sometimes it's just too much work to read what he types, lol.

toefoo, you don pull no punches..? an loose is bout the only way to get info cross these wires. as for pikens from the ladies dept, well they got such mor kolorful array to choose from.. an mos fellers that wear these poohrags mos often are sportin kolorful klown outfits with fav mc bran logos n all kinds bumper stiker verbage like the bak of a free car driven by lib univ studen living free off mom/pop/gov an complainin they got no corp'rat job offers in 6 figures.. 99'cents'r.. an aint worth that much.
lmao, oye, this forum needs a picard forhead slap emoticon. lol. Wait I think I have one in my photobucket.

can't seem to find it right now but I do have these:

ahh hell, my images have exceeded bandwidth for the month... someone must be using my images for some crazy crap, I'll have to change up my image titles....

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
waaaaaaalllll....I use a bandana, folded wide enough to cover my forehead, and that keeps the hair up top pretty well in order. Then my ponytail gets 3 elastic hair ties to keep it from turning into a giant knot. I only occasionally ride sans helmet, tho. I honestly do think it's stupid to go without at all, but man...it sure feels good.

but I would recommend a full bandanna rather than those cheapo do-rags. I got a buddy who dresses like a "Klown" (to use a little Ponchese) tho he does not own a bike, and he's all over those things. They don't seem to hold up very well for him, and that's just from being worn in a Jeep with the top off.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
http://www.zubwear.com/

I've got a few, and they flat out rawk. Quick on, quick off, warmer in the winter, cool in the summer, thin... I could go on and on. The wifer likes 'em too!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
http://www.zubwear.com/

I've got a few, and they flat out rawk. Quick on, quick off, warmer in the winter, cool in the summer, thin... I could go on and on. The wifer likes 'em too!
a couple of those might be a rather good fit. I like a nice tight fit on my skull. and if anything they might work well to get rid of that annoying air noise I get from the under edge of my helmet. I'll have to see about getting a couple of them.

As for other suggestions, I'm still looking, Doing the normal bandanna thing is okay, but a pain to keep my hair down, I don't have long hair but medium length hair I guess, enough to work with. So I like to roll the hair back as I put it on. So I'm still looking so I can have an assortment of solutions.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Happiness is helmet head, no bandanas/ do rags for me thanks.....

·
Registered
159 Posts
Heres something that might just do the trick for what your looking for.

https://www.buyabuff.com/

Alot of stuff to look through..Should find something that meets you needs for style, comfort, versatility.
Good Luck!!

Just saw the zubwear link...same thing!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks mr java, damn, now I want coffee. back to the subject at hand... or head...

I kind of like that bandanna buff thing, https://www.buffwear.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/4659

it looks promising, I just need to find something like that that's not 27 bucks, plus their shipping...

I've been looking on amazon and found a couple items but the problem is that there are no good pictures up on the ones I'm looking at. plus I also have the concern of how big my head is... lol. I already have to wear a 2XL helmet, granted it would be an XL in a different style of helmet but I still have a big head, so the one size fits all... normally doesn't work for me.

·
Registered
159 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well, I'll be damned, I didn't even think to look for a store locator thing. Turns out a couple of the marina stores in my area carry their products. looks like I'll have to stop by one of them over the next couple days on my trips through town.

tomorrow I have to go the wrong way so I'll catch them on one of my other trips.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm afraid those "do-rag" things will interfere with my advertising space - the revenue streams from advertising here helps pay for gas....

:D

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
D: who's a hippie? I wear shoes and have a job!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts