Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately I've been experiencing an issue just getting the site to appear at all. All of my other forums, websites, shortcuts, etc., will display after a handful of seconds but for the past few weeks this one takes from 30 seconds, to over a minute to appear if it appears at all.

It took four tries to get it to show up so I could write this. Once the home page shows everything is ok. Getting the home page to show is a problem.

Is this problem on your end or mine?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Are you using mobile or desktop to access forum?

Mobile version is really slow (based on google's analysis - I have no permissions to insert links) but it should appear in 10-15 seconds, not a minute.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Desk top. I should also mention that its intermittent since getting the site to come up this time it came right away.

Maybe its nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
18 Posts
You can get more low-level info by analysing it using built-in features of the browser:

chrome - View -> Developer -> Developer Tools -> Network tab
firefox - Tools -> Web developer -> Network

Based on that detailed information you can find the source of the issue.

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
I use an ad blocker. Not downloading ads really speeds up site access.

Now before anyone screams at me for using an ad blocker and eliminating income that the forum needs to operate, I joined (premium membership) as one way to help defray the income lost due to me using the blocker. If there were a link that would allow me to donate to the site, I would do that, too, at least a few dollars every year. I'm sure a donation of $5 a year is more than the site loses due to my using an ad blocker.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts