Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have been looking for a sissy bar for my 2011 900 Custom and I think I want to go with a Cobra. A couple of questions:

1) Not sure which one to go with- there are 3 versions- the standard (tallest), short, and mini. I like the look of the mini but I'm unsure of the functionality. Any suggestions on which one to go with?

2) Suggestions on good websites to buy?

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
64 Posts

·
Banned
334 Posts
I had the middle one ("short") on my 900 Classic and it was just barely tall enough to use for strapping on luggage. (I had the Cobra luggage rack as well.) My wife said it worked OK as a passenger backrest but she would have liked it taller.

In my opinion, the "mini" is too short to be useful for anything but looks.

·
Banned
334 Posts
Here's the Cobra "short" and the luggage rack on my 900 Classic.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Hi all. I have been looking for a sissy bar for my 2011 900 Custom and I think I want to go with a Cobra. A couple of questions:

1) Not sure which one to go with- there are 3 versions- the standard (tallest), short, and mini. I like the look of the mini but I'm unsure of the functionality. Any suggestions on which one to go with?

2) Suggestions on good websites to buy?

Thanks for the input.
This is the "Standard" round sissy bar from cobra. Its up there. I would not recommend it for looks. It is good if you are looking for passenger comfort. It on my V2K but its close enough. I usually buy all my stuff from Dennis Kirk. They also do a "Beat it by a Buck" deal. If you can find it cheaper then they will beat it by a buck. I had got the "Short" round sissy bar and the bottom of the pad litteraly touched the passenger pillion.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have the Cobra Short. It’s a nice compromise. The standard is good for passenger comfort, the mini is just a butt stop. The short is reasonably comfortable for the passenger. Quality wise it’s hard to beat Cobra; nice product.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for the guidance. I see that the mini is 12", the short is 14", but I don't see the standard. Is it 16"?

·
Registered
242 Posts
I think it may be 17", not sure; going by what I saw on Amazon. Oh and if you go that route you may want to add an insert to dress up the back: Billet insert.

·
Registered
140 Posts
This is the "Standard" round sissy bar from cobra. Its up there. I would not recommend it for looks. It is good if you are looking for passenger comfort. It on my V2K but its close enough. I usually buy all my stuff from Dennis Kirk. They also do a "Beat it by a Buck" deal. If you can find it cheaper then they will beat it by a buck. I had got the "Short" round sissy bar and the bottom of the pad litteraly touched the passenger pillion.

this ^^^^^^^^^

I have the standard as well just for the wifey... looks eh... ok, function and quality.. very nice

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
this ^^^^^^^^^

I have the standard as well just for the wifey... looks eh... ok, function and quality.. very nice
Yeah. I wanted the short one. But since the wife rides with me quite a bit I got the tall one for her. If it was a GF then I would have gotten what I wanted but we got to keep the wife happy. On my 1600 Meanie, I had a the "mini" one with was enough to keep someone from flying off the back.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks,That's mine, but it was on the bike when I bought it, can't tell what brand it is. I thought it would be too short, but my wife says its comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
Found out that mine is a Kawasaki brand:

Looks like the OEM Kawasaki sissy bar and luggage rack to me.
I only know because I think I want one for my 2012 SE in the black, just can't get over the price!

Backrest is about $350 on a couple of sites and the luggage rack $140.

:eek:

Chrome OEM

The Awesome Black OEM

1 - 13 of 13 Posts