Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Spaych, is that the hepco & Becker sissy bar and rack you have fitted? If so, I take it you have to drill through the rear fender side plates to locate the sissy bar? Also, did they say the safe load for the rack? i have my own saddlebags that I will try & mount if I think this bar & rack are suitable. Ride safe.

·
Registered
55 Posts
motorcycleadventure.com.au vulcan s Australia

For australia...They have Hepco & Becker stuff, ask them for Solo rack with driver back rest
I spoke with them today, I was the first person to ask about the Vulcan S accessories apparently, they have now started updating the site, The price for the Solo with the backrest is considerably more than I initially anticipated landed in Australia....Down under tax strikes again. I may have to save my pennies for a bit until I can justify the expenditure.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Spaych, is that the hepco & Becker sissy bar and rack you have fitted? If so, I take it you have to drill through the rear fender side plates to locate the sissy bar? Also, did they say the safe load for the rack? i have my own saddlebags that I will try & mount if I think this bar & rack are suitable. Ride safe.
No, mine is homemade.
Yes it seems you have to drill trough side plastic for hepco..dont like that ...that bar is suitable with c-bow saddlebag holder, but you can try other mounts i thing they should fit

·
Registered
713 Posts
I spoke with them today, I was the first person to ask about the Vulcan S accessories apparently, they have now started updating the site, The price for the Solo with the backrest is considerably more than I initially anticipated landed in Australia....Down under tax strikes again. I may have to save my pennies for a bit until I can justify the expenditure.
I emailed Ron and Judy beginning of July about the H/B crash bars and they said they have nothing in stock. It's all special order from Germany done on monthly cycle.
Looking at the price for the Solo luggage with back rest makes me want to make and sell em.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I am currently making my own.(rear rack and back-rest) Trying something a bit different but I am still waiting for my passenger seat to come in so I can get the final dimensions. Will post photos when it is done.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Home made rack / seat back

I built mine out of 1/8 6061 T6 aluminum sheet and 3/4 T6 angle.

It's riveted with 1/8 flush rivets at about 1" spacing.

Working out well so far...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts