Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a nelson rig roll bag. Looking to get a pack that could hold more to take on a long weekend trip. Any suggestions. Thought I would ask for help as a lot of you tour with your 900 and hopefully will steer me in the right direction.

·
Registered
455 Posts
bagg

I have a nelson rig roll bag. Looking to get a pack that could hold more to take on a long weekend trip. Any suggestions. Thought I would ask for help as a lot of you tour with your 900 and hopefully will steer me in the right direction.
I have the NelsonRigg roll bag, and it came with an expandable retangular bag.
Roll is made to attach to top of retanganular bag, which has clips made to accept the roll bag. Also, came with shoulder straps for lugging it around.

Bought it two years ago at Laconia bike week show. Only issue is fading.

edit to add link: http://motorcycle-luggage.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=MLCTB-500&Category_Code=Nelson-Rigg&Product_Count=5

·
Registered
976 Posts
I just use a Backpack that I bought from Dicks sporting goods. And I have a carrier for my sleeping bag. Not waterproof though but before I spend 100-200 bucks to upgrade I want to know it IS an upgrade and not just an equivalent.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I bought a Kurakyn "Gran Tour" bag and it is great. It can sit on the back seat and has an adjustable lumbar support (acts as a back rest when on the back seat). Of course it also turns around and sits on the luggage rack if you are riding two-up or have something else on the seat. I think I paid around $130 for it - it comes with some attachment straps, a lock, and a rain cover. It has kind of an internal frame which holds its shape if it is empty. I haven't been sorry I purchased it. It is available at numerous web sites, just look for the best price if you are interested.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts