Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been shopping for an elusive sissy bar bag for a year now. I've returned at least 4 in that time and still don't have a bag I like. However, I have a duffel bag I like that I strap on the passenger pillion when riding solo.

My question is if I were to cut a board the same length as the bottom of the bag (approx 24" or so) could I put that board on my luggage rack and then mount my duffel on top of it and then secure it? I would do this only when riding two up.

I know, theoretically, I can do whatever, I just don't want to be unsafe or be the guy riding down the road with holding a mattress to the roof of his car with one arm and some twine.

Anyone done anything similar?

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
That looks like a nice bag. I thought about going with something similar when I had my Suzi C90 but just never made the call.

·
Registered
96 Posts
A little late response, but I've been happy with my Kuryakyn GranTour bag: http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/344/grantour-bag

I also have the GranThrow-Over's too..

Joel
I too am searching... Joelg, any photos of this on your bike? How much can you get in it? Is it like a day pack?

I am looking for a bag I can secure to the sisy bar backrest and have the bag sitting on my passenger seat and if possible be a backrest for me. Not needing a hugs bag one that can be used as a day bag to supplement my saddlebags.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I don't have any pics of them on, unfortunately. I went to NYC for a week with the saddlebags, so they hold plenty of stuff!!

I think it depends on how often you plan on using them. Saddlebags for me are a once or twice a year necessity, I usually get by with my GranTour for any 1-2 day trips, and a small Coretch bag for commuting. Overall, I'm very satisfied with the GranTour, and generally happy with the GranThrow-Overs.

Joel

·
Living The Dream
1,512 Posts
My last one just failed, main compartment zipper blew out. Totally bummed as they are discontinued. That thing was huge and held everything. Both leather jackets when not wearing them, the wifes monster purse, and leftovers from a late nite dinner. So I'd been searching all winter and decided on trying a Saddlemen BR3400ESX. Found a used one on ebay for $120. Should arrive any day now. Just in time to hit the road again. Hope this one works out as I only got a couple years out of that last one. This one has a convenient lock clasp on every pocket. Almost went with the VikingBags model which looks to have the same features except for they did not explain the locking mechs well enough for me. Would have matched my saddlebags perfectly tho.

BR3400EXS Back Seat/ Sissy Bar Bag- Universal Leather-look marine-grade vinyl version- with chr

·
Registered
94 Posts
That is nice! I got one on clearance from Leatherup a couple weeks ago for $59. Was really surprised how sturdy it was. Sorry, can't post a link or picture yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts