Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I want to get my '03 more comfortable for longer distance riding. Plan to get highway pegs (if anyone likes any certain ones, please list them). Someone told me that there is a sissy bar extension from the factory that raises the bar height up more. Is this true and does anyone know the part #. I want to get this so the bar is higher and I can strap something to it (like a luggage bag or something) to fill the gap between it and my back and give me some back support so I can lean back and be more comfortable. Any thoughts or ideas would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
213 Posts
There have been extended back rest made for the VN700/750 as well as engine guards that you can attach pegs to to serve as highway pegs.

the problem is, that these items are no longer manufactured and are somewhat difficult to find and tend to go for a bit of a premium price, even in not so great condition.

Your best bet is to keep an eye out on ebay to see what pops up.
also, if your not already a member over at: VN750.com, come over and check it out. A Lot of good information and friendly folks willing to help out. Parts will often pop up for sale on there before they hit ebay.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Don't know if you found one yet. I have a 2006 KW Vulcan & I bought one last year about 18" high & comes with a pad on it that extends the seat up higher. OEM part #K53043-049A. Found different websites that have it. Think they fit 750 bikes from 1986 to 2006.
gearup2go.com ($189 w/ free shipping); speedyscycle.com; kawasakipartshouse.com. Bought mine last yr @ accessories4bikes.com for $180. + shipping. They're not cheap as they're an OEM Kawasaki part. Hope this helps you. wrbish

1 - 5 of 5 Posts