Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When starting bike cold, feels like only one cylinder fires. This lasts only a very short while and settles out to idle as normal. Checked plugs and replaced them just in case. No noted power or increase in fuel use when running down the road. Once bike warm, starting is not an issue.
Any thoughts???

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
It sounds like you're nit getting enough fuel during choke/high idle warm up. I'd run some injector cleaner. If that doesn't solve it, trouble shoot the injectors.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Give it a good dose of Seafoam and see if that improves the situation. It would seem there would be a lot more issues if the head gasket was compromised. Hope it is an easy fix!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Arrrrrrrrgh

Found out that back cylinder is warped thus leaking anti-freeze into cylinder. Bike runs like a champ once it burns off the freeze from said cylinder but....
Now checking websites for replacement of either entire engine or just the back cylinder. I know it looks like throwing good money after bad but...…
In good news, I now have a project for the winter and a ride that should do me another 100k

K

1 - 5 of 5 Posts