Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 and I want to change out the handlebars to a dragbar. Looking at the bcb kits they recommend risers to avoid the switches from hitting the tank. I see they have risers for the 2 bolt style but can't find any for the single bolt. Maybe my searching skills suck lol. Can I switch out to the 2 bolt style? I found biltwell gordo risers but the mounting bolt is larger than what the opening is. Am I safe to open the holes to a larger size? Or are there any other riders that have a drag bar that can offer their insight? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Not sure what you mean by 1 or 2 bolt risers. Do you mean how the caps attach to the risers, or how the risers mount to the tree? As for drilling the tree to accept a larger bolt, I had to do this on my 05 800 when I bought taller risers, as most after market riser are made with 1/2" bolts to mount them, but the stock bolts on mine are 12mm I believe, slightly smaller.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, sorry, how the cap bolts to the riser. Is it possible to swap to the 2 bolt style cap? I would like to avoid drilling the tree if possible but will go that route if needed. Thanks!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I installed some Biltwell handlebars and risers on my bike. I drilled out the top tree stepping up one drill bit at a time to make sure the holes weren't all cock-eyed. I was a bit nervous since it couldn't be undone, but it turned out just fine. Keep the drill straight and go slowly if you decide to drill it out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I'm going to order the newer style with the 2 bolt cap to see if I can't just swap them out. If that does not work then I'll get the biltwell risers and drill the holes a bit bigger. Which model of the risers and handlebars did you go with?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I went with Biltwell Chumps bars and Thunder risers. I was just looking at a post where I posted some pictures, but I can't seem to find it now... It looks siiiiiick!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts