Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am in the market for a tach but i am not sure if my 2009 custom is duel fire or single fire ignition any help would be appreciated :) thanks

·
Registered
147 Posts
i am in the market for a tach but i am not sure if my 2009 custom is duel fire or single fire ignition any help would be appreciated :) thanks
Cobra,
As I told you in the other thread about the tach, you WILL need the single-fire adapter as the 900s (and I believe also all other Kawasakis) are single-fire.

This is from the installation manual of the Baron tach I have:

TACH ADAPTER KNOWN FITMENT
We have tested this adapter and determined:
IT IS REQUIRED ON All 2004 - 2010 HARLEY DAVIDSON models, YAMAHA V-Star 950 & 1300, 2008-2010 Road Star, Warrior, Roadliner, Stratoliner, Raider, HONDA VTX1800 , KAWASAKI VN900 & VN2000, SUZUKI C50 & C90

This is the full document covering the installation details of the tach:

http://www.baronscustom.com/showpdf.php?file=BA-7570-01

They give you the adapter as part of the installation parts. You just plug it in. No issues.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the only problem with that is that i am in the uk and cant seem to find a baron single fire adapter or any other manufacturers adapter anywhere and i just wanted to make sure it was single fire before i purchased one from an international supplier as i have been told a couple of different things and it would probably work out more expensive for the adapter than the tach i have also seen a tach that feeds into the ht lead and works with anything from 2-8 cylinders but not sure if that would give a steady reading

·
Registered
147 Posts
the only problem with that is that i am in the uk and cant seem to find a baron single fire adapter or any other manufacturers adapter anywhere and i just wanted to make sure it was single fire before i purchased one from an international supplier as i have been told a couple of different things and it would probably work out more expensive for the adapter than the tach i have also seen a tach that feeds into the ht lead and works with anything from 2-8 cylinders but not sure if that would give a steady reading
I see. Probably every tach out there ships with the adapter (included for free). Or do you have a tach already? (And no adapter to go with it?)

Call the tach manufacturer, no?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for all your help i rigged a single fire adapter up using the link and went to the local bike shop got a nice little tach and it works great and i am very pleased with it, i could not of done it without your help and advice thanks again :):)

·
Registered
147 Posts
thanks for all your help i rigged a single fire adapter up using the link and went to the local bike shop got a nice little tach and it works great and i am very pleased with it, i could not of done it without your help and advice thanks again :):)
Glad it worked out! Enjoy the tach. You will love it.... :)

Post some pics!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts