Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

SIGH - winter is here

2K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  RRKR. 
#1 ·
So yesterday I did a quick 15 minute ride in 2 degrees above freezing weather to get my fuel stabilizer into the system for storage. Today it is starting to snow, its way below zero and we are supposed to get 5 inches of snow tomorrow. Guess this wknd I will have to change oil, finally buy that battery tender and park it in the corner of the garage until April. Time for the LOONNGG good night to biking until next year. All you lucky people down south - count your blessings!!

#2 ·
I hear you, i'm afraid it's over for me too. They're salting the roads here now, so i won't bring mine back out until the spring rains wash all the roads clean. Dang.

#5 · (Edited)
You guys are gonna hate me for this but Saturday morning I'm leading a group ride approx. 200 mile round trip just to eat BBQ and Sunday I'm taking on a class of new riders to teach them how our group works and how we ride together.

Tomorrow I will go scout the 200 mile ride just to make sure we have clear roads and no surprises. Let's see, 200 tomorrow, 200 Saturday and about 60 on Sunday, that would be about 460 miles total this weekend with absolutely beautiful clear skies and really nice temps all day long all three days.

I wouldn't rub it in for anything in the world but it really sucks to be you guys living up there where it snows and stuff.

CoolPig

#8 ·
33 out there now. Gonna get up to 58 but back into the 70's by Friday and the weekend. Leather weather..............:D

#9 ·
Thats why i moved to South America, only thing i had to do was get used to riding in the rain but its really only about 4 months a year and mostly only rains in the late afternoon..... I will take dodgin chickens over snow any day....... Bulldozer, permanently tanned ( ok my arms are tanned ) rest of me still white , ill shut up .... but dang its hot outside..

#12 ·
Wow - no taxes, $10 speeding tickets and no snow. Sounds like a GREAT place to retire someday if I make it that far. How far south are you?

#14 ·
Technically i live in Central America / retirement visa gets you a 30% discount on everything from meals to motel rooms and airline tickets back to the USA a movie is $1.80 . Its a bit like Texas was in 1960 . Mountains, rivers, volcanos some of the most spectacular scenery in the World. Did i mention fishing, oh yeah the best in the Universe . Thats about all i do fish and ride its really a hard life.... Bulldozer, i forgot temps here are 68 degrees at night 75 daytime average .

#13 ·
Greetings from Alberta

Hello to all and greetings from Alberta/ Edmonton area. We have already 15 cm of snow and - 20°C. I think the next 4 month I only can ride my bike in my dreams. Sad, because I bought my 2005 V2K only 2 month ago and was able to drive only 1000 km.

Now I have time to make maintenance.

To all of your folks who are able to drive, Drive safe and have a lot of fun.

Thorsten

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.