Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever think about adding a sidecar to the Nomad? I have a 2013 1700 and I thought it would be a fun modification to get more of the family out riding rather than just one person on the back seat. Thoughts? Ideas? Solutions? Tales of woe?

·
Registered
81 Posts
1. They are not cheap.
2. Labor to install is not cheap.
3. make sure the person setting up your side car knows what he is doing. Since that person probably doesn't live nearby, you don't want to have to take it/ship it back to them to fix.
4. It is not the same as riding a regular motorcycle....steering is a lot different.
5. once you hook it up, you are not taking it off.

That being said...I have ridden in my friend's rig (Honda Nighthawk S w/sidecar) and it was AWESOME.

They are fun if that is what you want.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Saw on one of the FB groups tonight that someone is doing this, but think its a Vaquero he is working on. Had the framework attached already.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I ran into a guy here in Birmingham a year or two ago on a KLR with his best friend, a 10 year old yellow Lab, riding in a side car. He was from Arizona and had been to Boston to visit family and was taking the warmer scenic route back to Arizona. The side car had been custom made by a company in Oregan that originally made racing side cars. Not an elaborate fiberglass body on a rigid frame but a well mounted well thought out peace. It looked like it could be removed with little effort but had protection for the rider in all the right places. I don't remember the cost but I do remember it being less than I thought it would be.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Put an old Jawa on my wifes Vstar 650. It was fun for awhile.

Riding was a PITA. Takes muscle. You don't lean. It will pull running downe the road. The side car will pop up in the air without counter balance.(ie empty)
The only thing I liked about it was taking the right hand corners, hard curves and popping the sidecar with my 5 yr old in it up in the air.
We both giggled.

Eats brakes...

I wouldn't waste my time with one.

gb

1 - 6 of 6 Posts