Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm leaning towards the hk sideburners but also looking at some cobras. However, I'm wondering the age old question as to whether or not I need a fuel processor. I have no wish to upgrade my intake, I just want some sound and a little different look. Any comments regarding the 2 exhausts that you feel would push one over the other?

thanks

·
Registered
156 Posts
I dont have aftermarket pipes, so i cant speak from experience, but from everything I've read over the last 2 years is, cobras, although they sound nice, dont have as throaty of a sound as most pipes. now, the HK sideburners, those are some of the throatiest pipes you'll find, and you can *never* go wrong with a 2into1 pipe.
V&H are some popular pipes too. very good sound.

·
Registered
306 Posts
no need for fuel managment with just exhaust, only when you add an air kit will you need fuel managment.I have the v&h on mine...love the sound and the pric even better. while i love the looks of some of the other pipes out there from brit and bub...the price is just outrageous. I got my v&h on ebay for $265 brand new....much better then upwards of 500.

·
Registered
39 Posts
That suks, I just bought a power commander V and some Cobra Swepts for my bike an you make it sound all bad.. I hope your wrong.. It cost me almost $900.. Ok, so you BETTER be wrong..

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have the Sideburner 2 into 1 and I love it. Sounds great, stays clean, easy to polish, and fantastic sound. I also have a Power Commander USB system hooked up and it works like a charm. It cool to hook it up to your computer and tweak with the mapping although there is a map free to download just for the Sideburner.

·
Registered
7 Posts
cobra 2 into 1 hp

I have the Sideburner 2 into 1 and I love it. Sounds great, stays clean, easy to polish, and fantastic sound. I also have a Power Commander USB system hooked up and it works like a charm. It cool to hook it up to your computer and tweak with the mapping although there is a map free to download just for the Sideburner.
I just installed the cobra 2 into 1 hp power pro on my 900 custom sounds awesome, very deep rumble. I didn't install the programmer and have a very little popping, haven't checked plugs yet but don't seem to be running hot seams to have more power and definately lost weight with the switch. If my plugs look a little white from running lean will definately install a programmer, if not will wait till intake upgrade.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts