Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is there any problem parking my motorcycle on a slope so the motorcycle lean even more to the left, does the side stand supports that ? the slope is like a 30 degree slope and the motorcycle is parked diagonaly so the motorcycle leans to the left more than usual.

Jels.

·
Registered
222 Posts
With a properly working side stand, all you would need to worry about is tipping over, OVER the side stand. You'd need some serious angle to achieve that. Grab the handlebars and pull it to that side, get a good general feel of the amount of pull it needs before you feel like you're actually getting any weight on top of the side stand with risk of tipping. i did that a few times at first with this bike to get to know it better, having the same worries as you. It's solid.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have been more worried about just the opposite. Parking against the curb with the side stand to the uphill side. Sometimes it seems it may be too close to going over opposite the stand. I like your suggestion of pulling that direction until it is past center to know how close it is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.