Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a horizontal swingarm license plate mount to go on the right hand side.. I have been searching forums here and looking at pictures and I am having trouble finding one.

I am looking to mount the plate on the right side swingarm right behind the passenger peg. If anyone can help me with this that would be great!

·
Registered
742 Posts
yup, the kury one is about the most common but there are plenty out there... you can also save money by using the thin metal one that goes on the axle... my local dealer even has them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I just found out in NH there is no regulation on vertical mounted plates. I contacted the DMV and this is what I got in return, "In regards to the vertical mounted plates there is not a regulation in regards to where the plate on a motorcycle is mounted."

So looks like I am good to go on a vertical mounted plate. I am going to install it on the right side. I like that look a bit better. I have seen some people with that, but not many on Vulcan's. If anyone has pics, feel free to post em!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Stay out of Florida, they passed a law several years ago just in time for Dayton Bike Week that prohibits the use of side mount license plates, the fine is very expensive and I don't remember off hand what is is but I do recall it being very expensive. I'm afraid more and more States are passing serious noise/emission related laws as well. These States are not content with the dumb laws in existence but want to add on anything they can to provide revenue for the budgets of their over spending habits and this is another way to provide income. It might be in all of our interests to examine State laws before we travel to these destinations and maybe just avoid these rascals all together.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts