Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Funny how trying to do one little, itsy, bitsy, mod turns into a full orchestra production. I got a great deal on a side mount license plate bracket with light, but its for a Harley (yes I know, the H-word) and I needed a way to mount it to my axle. Mean Cycles makes a nut/bushing combo that they are very proud of because it's priced at twice what I paid for the whole license plate bracket. Anyways it seems to work with just a bit of alteration.

Here is my question to anyone else who has done this mod and used the Mean Cycle nut/bushing. The old nut was a castle nut, ie had a cotter pin through it so it won't come off. The Mean Cycle nut doesn't have that capability (nor should it as it would ruin the looks) so should I use a medium strength thread lock? What have others done?

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
262 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Thanks for responding so quickly. So what did you end up doing? Did the nut/bushing allow it to fit, or did you scrap the side mount idea altogether?

·
Registered
50 Posts
It goes over the outside axel bolt, just fits but loose. The axel is hollow. I went to hone depot and got threaded rod that will fit thru the axel. I also got two bolts for eack end. Cut the rod to size. I used two washers on the plate side to keep the bolt from going thru. Once you tighten on both ends that plate will not move. Capped the bolts off with some litte spikes.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts