Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone in the state of Missouri had any issues with using a Side Mounted License Plate? I can't find any reference to this other than the basic drivers manual. In there is says 'If you have a trailer or a motorcycle, you will only receive one plate, which must be on the back of your vehicle.'I have seen MO bikes with side mounted plates, but I have read several forum comments saying that in some states they are illegal.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The license plates on trailers, motorcycles, motortricycles and motorscooters shall be displayed on the rear of such vehicles, with the letters and numbers thereon right side up. Each such plate shall be securely fastened to the motor vehicle or trailer in a manner so that all parts thereof shall be plainly visible and reasonably clean so that the reflective qualities thereof are not impaired. Each such plate may be encased in a transparent cover so long as the plate is plainly visible and its reflective qualities are not impaired.
Shouldn't be a problem with side mounted horizontal but vertical could cause you to get pulled over.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Several bikes come from the factory with side mount horizontal, that shouldn't be an issue. I've known guys with vertical side mount but no guarantee they won't get ticketed at some point.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts