Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is hardly anything about my 06 V2K that I don't like. But one minor annoyance is the attachment of the side covers (at least the right side - haven't had the left off). It removes easily but is a PITA to get back on. Pretty pitiful front hook is tricky to engage. Anybody ever made a mod to fix this? I think a clip on the cover that would slide (forward) under a "U" bracket on the frame might do it but then the pegs could not be engaged...

Woody

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
wood, phillips #2 driver. remove the front clip. put it in the spare parts bin. not needed. there is nothing under that cover that a key is gonna protect. somebody wants in they'd just as soon break the cover. took mine off 2yrs ago and never looked back.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I use a little bit of plumbing silicone (the stuff that doesn't attack rubber) on the plastic studs on the side cover that go through the rubber grommets.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
remove the front clip. problem solved. go drink a beer.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
as for the left side cover, there is that screw under the drivers seat. I tossed that as well. the side covers stay put fine with thier push pin / milo & grommets.

as for the front seat itself, I got rid of the two bolt fender bracket and used some 2" wide industrial velcro on the seat pan to secure it to the fender.
then I removed that frame crossover bracket for the seat nose clip and put a couple of slugs of 2" velcro under the front seat pan and frame rails.

I now have access to the bat'ry box area just lifting the seat off anytime I want. no tools needed. same goes for those side covers. too ez. and no, I dont worry others will get in there. who'd want in? nothing much in there I haven't taken out already.. and I just dont really care. out, ponch

·
Registered
538 Posts
as for the left side cover, there is that screw under the drivers seat. I tossed that as well. the side covers stay put fine with thier push pin / milo & grommets.

as for the front seat itself, I got rid of the two bolt fender bracket and used some 2" wide industrial velcro on the seat pan to secure it to the fender.
then I removed that frame crossover bracket for the seat nose clip and put a couple of slugs of 2" velcro under the front seat pan and frame rails.

I now have access to the bat'ry box area just lifting the seat off anytime I want. no tools needed. same goes for those side covers. too ez. and no, I dont worry others will get in there. who'd want in? nothing much in there I haven't taken out already.. and I just dont really care. out, ponch
You ARE my hero, Ponch. Headed for the store right to buy beer to drink after I do all that stuff. SERIOUSLY....:)

·
Registered
59 Posts
remove the front clip. put it in the spare parts bin. not needed. there is nothing under that cover that a key is gonna protect. somebody wants in they'd just as soon break the cover. took mine off 2yrs ago and never looked back.
I have always hated that right side. I will remove that metal part. Right now though, I have lost one of those oval rubber grommets on the right. I think I have something in my Goldwing spare parts that will fit. If I do, that front metal clip is GONE! :D

Herb

1 - 9 of 9 Posts