Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondered if there was a way to fix the side covers. I bought a used '06 Classic (Red) a few months ago, and I noticed that the left side cover vibrates a lot in the wind. After further inspection (taking it off) I found that two of the plastic prongs that attach to the bike itself are broke off. It is held on by the top one and the screw from the top under the seat.

Does anybody have a fix for this, or am I stuck buying another flimsy one from Kawasaki. I like the red, so I'm not too interested in chrome aftermarket ones at this point. Is there something I could JB weld on there that would take the place of the original prongs.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
976 Posts
Hadn't given it too much thought yet. Is there a built up area behind it that you could drill and tap a screw into? Seems if you could you could put about the right size screw or allen head bolt so that the head would just clear the rubber grommet to hold it tight. Otherwise you're stuck buying new. But at this point, you wouldn't be making it any worse to try a fix.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts