Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a new right side cover for my vulcan. Wondering how to dissasemble the cylinder lock and install it on tbe new cover. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
finally got it thanks for the info boys. problem was the threaded nut was so tightly wound on there it was crazy hard to unscrew i thought i wasn't going to get it off. damn oil filter was the same way. almost seems like kawasaki doesnt want you fiddling around on their bikes like they want you to bring it in every time theres a maintenance issue lol.

·
Registered
234 Posts
It's not the Kawasaki fault :) This problem is common on any vehicle ;) It's sufficient just to start repairing or servicing something and here You go! About 80% off all work sometimes is to unscrew something that has last untouched for years.
My problem was a speedometer cable. It took me about 3 days to find a correct way to open a screw at the wheel side. Steel screw in oxidized aluminum... That's a disaster! If somebody has the same problem with the speedometer cable, be free to ask.
And here's my little tip for such screws and bolts for the future. Before You put everything together, it's a good idea to lubricate threads a little bit with some cooper or graphite grease, or something that prevents oxidation. Well, I'm not talking about nuts and bolts, which should be lock tight "forever" ;) (See Your service manual ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts