Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
on kinda the same note has anyone cut the ends of the baffles out on cobra pipes and if so did you do it on the bike or off. the right side would be easy to get the baffle out but the left don't want to budge on mine any ideas.... only have the pipes on for bout the last 200 miles and they be way to quiet for the better half...lol

·
Registered
851 Posts
I know your comparing V&H vs Cobras but if you ever got the chance to hear the Freedom Performance true duels, there is no comparison! I had a set on my Vaquero before I wrecked it and IMO by far the best sounding pipes out there for the 1700. They are a little more expensive but I promise you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I know your comparing V&H vs Cobras but if you ever got the chance to hear the Freedom Performance true duels, there is no comparison! I had a set on my Vaquero before I wrecked it and IMO by far the best sounding pipes out there for the 1700. They are a little more expensive but I promise you won't be disappointed.
You cannot compare true-duals to slip-ons.

·
Registered
851 Posts
You cannot compare true-duals to slip-ons.
No you can't, and you don't wanna compare the price either. lol! But if you want a nicer sounding deep rumble exhaust the FPE's are the way to go. And you can still hear your stereo at highway speeds.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Diehard - you wouldn't happen to have the fairing off your crashed Vaquero by any chance would you? I bought a crashed bike and could sure use one.
Currently in the process of installing a batwing fairing.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Diehard - you wouldn't happen to have the fairing off your crashed Vaquero by any chance would you? I bought a crashed bike and could sure use one.
Currently in the process of installing a batwing fairing.
Sorry but as you can see after 130mph crash there was nothing left of the bike. lol! July 3rd will be one year and still wonder how I survived?

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
637 Posts
You had a goal to be back on a bike by around this time Rodney... How's progress?

·
Registered
851 Posts
You had a goal to be back on a bike by around this time Rodney... How's progress?
I'm back up on my feet and do great with the prosthetic leg. I'm about to go back to work and get back up on my feet financially but will probably wait till next season and hopefully be back in the wind. I'm going crazy with this setting around, it's not me at all. Thanks for asking Peg!

·
Registered
637 Posts
You're in a situation that any one of us on any of these boards could find ourselves in, so we're all rooting for you... And anyway, you have a username to live up to? :good:

·
Registered
415 Posts
Thanks for the video guys, nice job comparing the two, also saw your video on the cobra install, great help especially with the heat sheild advice; get more of your local beer next time for all future telecasts, love the asheville area, try and get up their twice a year, have friends in blk. mtn., riding up 4th july weekend....stay thirsty my friends...

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the video guys, nice job comparing the two, also saw your video on the cobra install, great help especially with the heat sheild advice; get more of your local beer next time for all future telecasts, love the asheville area, try and get up their twice a year, have friends in blk. mtn., riding up 4th july weekend....stay thirsty my friends...
Thanks for the Kudo's Wally and glad the install video helped. Tons of breweries in Asheville. Sierra Nevada just opened a new facility in the Asheville area a few months ago=disneyland for beer drinkers. If you enjoy the liquid gold, it's worth checking out when you visit the mountains. Ride safe!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi I am considering V and H slip-ons vs the Freedom true duels. where did you get yours. Do you still like them?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Man this board is full of helpful members. I can sure tell the difference between here and my Harley board.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Hi I am considering V and H slip-ons vs the Freedom true duels. where did you get yours. Do you still like them?
Sorry everything was pretty much smashes but believe or not the Klockwork windshield I just installed two weeks earlier was still attached and not a scratch on it. The insurance office came got the bike before I got out of the Hospital so I didn't get the chance to get anything off the bike that was still good.

I had my local Kawi dealer order my FP exhaust, got em for about $800 + tax, that's about what I was finding them for online and I had them in 3 days. So no matter what pipes you want go with check your local Kawi dealer and don't let them bullshit you, they can match prices pretty close to what you find them for online and get them in pretty quick.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sorry but as you can see after 130mph crash there was nothing left of the bike. lol! July 3rd will be one year and still wonder how I survived?

[/URL][/IMG]
Wow, glad you survived that OK. Sorry to hear about the leg. But better than the alternative. I wish you luck with that.
My wrench has a prosthetic leg as well. He get's around pretty good with it. Has problems getting the guys to fit it properly sometimes. He had cancer and they had to cut it off. He had just bought a new Harley at the time. So he converted it to a trike so he could ride it easier.

Here's a pic of the bike I just bought weeks ago. Looks similar to yours. I have no idea how or why or who or how he made out. Found a little blood on the ignition switch cover is all.

I want to have better pipes but still have the ability to hear the stereo. I have a Harley Wide Glide with good pipes, but again, I want to hear the stereo on this bike. The Harley's a bit of a chopper. This is my comfort and long distance ride with fairing (Harley batwing left over from many years ago - so free), stereo, footboards, etc.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts