Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A local dealer took a 2013 Voyager ABS - blue and black wiith 11,000 miles on it and offered to trade me $2200 difference on my 2011 non ABS with 9400 miles on it. Both bikes have new tires. So for $2200 I would be gaining the KAMS unit, ABS and two years. I like the color of the 2013 better. Mine is Blue and silver. Kawasaki is replacing my saddlebags due to cracks under the rivet. It is tempting!

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
hahaha, what to do, what to do.

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
I think ABS is about a $1,000 upgrade. If the warranty was decent, I'd do it. I have the 2013 Blue over Black, non-ABS and I really like it, color and all.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fact is I will give up 2 years of remaining warranty on my old bike. I bought my bike from a guy who lived in on a gravel road and it was a bit rough. I mean - dirty, dirty, dirty. I got it for $8200 but was surpised when I started to pull off body panels. The back side of the panels were covered with concrete dirt! That is a concern to me as well.... UGH!

·
Registered
226 Posts
A local dealer took a 2013 Voyager ABS - blue and black wiith 11,000 miles on it and offered to trade me $2200 difference on my 2011 non ABS with 9400 miles on it. Both bikes have new tires. So for $2200 I would be gaining the KAMS unit, ABS and two years. I like the color of the 2013 better. Mine is Blue and silver. Kawasaki is replacing my saddlebags due to cracks under the rivet. It is tempting!
Do it!
2 years plus ABS, KAMS, you like the color better, and I think you can get a credit for your remaining warranty so just add it to the 13.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Since I'm not the original owner I can't cash in the warranty.....
Then I'd use it as a bargaining tool, you are providing warranty on your bike, get the dealer to add 2 years to his and quickly grab his hand and shake on it! :D

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
I'd do it .... but I think you have a typo in your OP. It should read "but I would be losing that beautiful blue/silver" :D
Ha, at least we like the blue silver

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
I'm on the "go for it" team as well, but I agree that you should ask for the warranty upgrade on the 2013.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Add another for "go for it"

A 2013 should still be under the factory warranty, yes? Then you should still be eligible for the extended warranty. I'd definitely see if they will throw that in to sweeten the deal.

ABS is a great peace of mind and many owners report KAMS works well.

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Add another for "go for it"

A 2013 should still be under the factory warranty, yes? Then you should still be eligible for the extended warranty. I'd definitely see if they will throw that in to sweeten the deal.

ABS is a great peace of mind and many owners report KAMS works well.
yes! this is how you do it. Make them reduce the price even more to cover the cost of extending the warranty.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Went to get the bike this afternoon. The dealer informed me that he has my 2011 sold already. Took the long way home and stopped for some ice cream. I don't see many Voyagers around here but when we pulled into the parking lot there was a Voyager. As we were enjoyng our ice cream a Voyager that had been triked pulled in as well. I talked to the trike owner and he lives in Newton as well. I asked the trike owner what year his bike was and he said an 06. It was a Vulcan 1700 Voyager so I knew otherwise. I quized him a bit but he kept saying it was an 06. Oh well!

My first impression is the 13 seem to be more reponsive and quicker than my 11. Not sure why? The Kam system works well as I didn't feel the heat on my legs like I did on my 11. I also like the ABS brakes. Great bike - glad I traded!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts