Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, I am about to buy a 2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 for $1800.00
(Originally prices at $2400.00) but it has 20k miles But everything works perfect and the owner has all the service records and it was well maintain. I am concern about the mileage, that it’s a bit high. Should I go ahead and pull the trigger?

What do you all think?

Thanks guys in advance!

·
Registered
84 Posts
If you are concerned, have the seller meet you at a shop at your choice and get it looked at. Shops will do a diagnostics or test drive which would be worth the small investment if you are concerned.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
249 Posts
20k miles? That's a good start. Ask BikerBill who has over 200k on his 500.

Not knowing where you're located, that price sounds like it may be a bit high still. In my area (central Florida), you can find them pretty common in the $1,200 range.

As JCC said, if you have any concerns, ask them to meet you at a shop of your choosing. I would make it a condition that if the bike checks out fine, you (the buyer) pays the shop fee. If there is some major mechanical issue that the shop finds, the seller pays the fee. That will very quickly tell you if they are trying to hide anything.

With that said, go over the maintenance records and make sure all the basic maintenance stuff has been done. Not just oil changes, but valve adjustments (due at 12k miles), chain checks, and so on.

If everything checks out, the decision is yours alone. The price you mentioned is a realistic high retail for me, so personally, I'd try to bring them down a bit more. Yes, I'm a salesman, and a buyer, and a mechanic. But you're on the forum here, so no matter which side you're working (buying, fixing, or selling), I'm going to give you the best advice I can.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts