Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks!
We all know this normal buzz sound when turning the bike on. So on my bike it worked always the same: turn the key, then a fuel pump sound for a second, then quiet again.

Recently I began to notice this sound when the engine is running. Is there something wrong in the electrical circuit or I just did never notice this before? I can tell you I'm pretty sure this noise was not coming out when the engine was running. It has started right after I was rewiring additional devices (phone charger and dash cam), but no major changes: just have put my phone charger to the headlight circuit (so it couldn't drain the battery).

If it's abnormal, where to look to?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I don't hear anything from the fuel pump after it switches off following turning on the key when starting the Vulcan, probably because the exhaust and other engine noises drown out noise from the fuel pump. I have several electrical add-ons as well and they operate via relays so that they run only when the engine is running.

If your Vulcan runs fine it is possible that you have simply become sensitised to the fuel pump buzz and that there is nothing wrong.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I'm with Hot Cruiser, can't hear it over the "other" noises

1 - 3 of 3 Posts