Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone shortened up their bars? I'd like to take about 1 to 1 1/2 inches off both sides. I love the bars, bit at 5' 6", my arms are short for the bars at full stop. I think it is giving me low speed stability issues cause I have to reach so far....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Heh, my 2nd post here is a necro-post.
This poster never got a reply, but I also want to cut 1 1/4" from each of my 2008 LT's bar ends.
I have fitted Baron's 4" risers and the bike fits me much better now. But the fit would be even better if the bar was a bit more narrow.

My game plan for the left side is to work a pipe cutter around it to create a slight indentation, then run a saws-all with fine blade around the bar to cut through it, but not cut through the bar weight.
Once I cut through the bar I'd pull the weight out and take it to my grinder and remove the weld holding the 1 1/4" piece of handle bar on then apply more anti-seize compound and reinsert the weight into the bar. Then install a Kuryakyn ISO grip.

I don't know how the throttle mechanism works, and if the cutting process for the right bar end would be similar.

Comments?

My 2008. Lots of mods and more to come.

Has anyone shortened up their bars? I'd like to take about 1 to 1 1/2 inches off both sides. I love the bars, bit at 5' 6", my arms are short for the bars at full stop. I think it is giving me low speed stability issues cause I have to reach so far....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts