Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got reinstalling my newly modified lower controls on my V9 Classic and I wanted to share.

First of all I'm slightly vertically challenged and with my recent mods of mini-apes and a springer seat I found reaching the lower controls slightly uncomfortable.

There didn't seem to be any options of moving the controls back without fabbing mounts for mid controls and it seemed like it would be difficult to do on the exhaust side since the stock pipes are so low next to the frame.

I decided to have the controls hacked and re-welded so that they were shorter. I removed 2 inches from the clutch control and 1 1/2" from the rear brake pedal. They re-welded them to together after removing the middle section, re-contoured the shape so the taper is consistent and sandblasted the rest of the chrome off since it was destroyed in the process. I also removed the heel shifter portion, so that I could slide my foot back further on the floorboards. Just repainted them and hooked em up. What a difference a few inches made. I noticed no discernible difference in the feel of the controls since the leverage is technically less then before. Here's a photo of the modified brake pedal before paint. Can't even tell it was cut and welded back together.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Nice fab work. Any pics of the new parts on the bike?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts