Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i should have decided on the short reach before taking delivery. too late now.

im looking for the short reach handlebar for short people like me.

or anyone want to trade with mid reach handlebar?

·
Registered
110 Posts
By any chance @ time of purchase did you ask for the short reach and they told you it would cost extra? I'm only asking because if they did then you can call Kawasaki & they will get you a short one for free. It was that way with me and the extended reach seat. I'm just waiting on mine because it's on back order.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
By any chance @ time of purchase did you ask for the short reach and they told you it would cost extra? I'm only asking because if they did then you can call Kawasaki & they will get you a short one for free. It was that way with me and the extended reach seat. I'm just waiting on mine because it's on back order.

Thanks brandon, how can i contact kawasaki? any leads or links, emails?

at the dealer, i sat on a mid reach and thought it was fine.
its not till your riding when you see the short reach would be better.
id be more comftable. the dealer wants to charge to swap now, understandable

·
Registered
110 Posts
I just called their main number and followed the menus.
My case was contingent on misinformation from my dealer about the ergo fit items. They intended them to be included in the initial cost. So Kawasaki took responsibility. It sounds like for you, you've just become better aware over the time you've had it. Which is a different case.

BUT...both issues I've had to call the main line with, they've been VERY helpful. So you should call & press that point of discovering after riding for a while. If your dealer didn't have a short set to demo you couldn't make an informed decision. Use that. It's worth a shot, you have nothing to lose. Good luck!
8668029381 - Kawasaki

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brandon thanks alot man,
i called the number, mike contacted the store i got it from and i just have to drop off my current handlebar and they will give me the short reach no charge.

you just saved me 85 dala!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Good to hear, it makes a lot of sense to for Kawasaki to allow changes in the ergo fit for at least the first 1000 Km (600 Miles), give riders a chance to see what works for them

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Brandon is a badass!

in the short time that you gave the info, i called kawasaki, talked to a mike, he made arrangements with the dealer i bought my bike from (5 blocks from home) i leave work a lil early, took train, got home, dismantled n took off the handlebar within 10-15 minutes, lol was at the dealer, swapped handlebars, got home installed went for a ride!

There is one small bad news though! i couldnt get the damn left rubber handlebar off, so i left it with the store, its gone. I have to buy a new one. not a big deal.

amazing, thanks again, jason

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Brandon is a badass!

in the short time that you gave the info, i called kawasaki, talked to a mike, he made arrangements with the dealer i bought my bike from (5 blocks from home) i leave work a lil early, took train, got home, dismantled n took off the handlebar within 10-15 minutes, lol was at the dealer, swapped handlebars, got home installed went for a ride!

There is one small bad news though! i couldnt get the damn left rubber handlebar off, so i left it with the store, its gone. I have to buy a new one. not a big deal.

amazing, thanks again, jason
Do you mean left grip?

·
Registered
712 Posts
I know when I took delivery the bars were up higher than my liking.
It looked cool at first but I quickly decided to drop them as low as possible which brought them closer and elbows into a better relaxed posture.
I just had to re-adjust the brake and clutch levers after.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks to this thread, I just called Kawasaki and they got in touch with my dealer. They're going to order the extended reach seat for me for free, I'll just have to give them my mid reach which is completely fine. Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts