Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found the luggage rack used --- but can't find the sissy bar so I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and buy new I think :mad:boo!:mad:

Trying to decide if the short will be ok or if I should go with the standard? I like the looks of the short - but don't know if that will be enough for the wife to have some actual back support. I also have a standard Mustang seat on there, which the passenger pillion is definately thicker than the stock.

Any pics or experiences would be welcomed...thanks all!:D

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Tried both, wife had a distinct preference for the standard, and that was with the custom's stock seat, which sits a little lower than the stock classic seat. With the Mustang, I'd say standard height for sure.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tried both, wife had a distinct preference for the standard, and that was with the custom's stock seat, which sits a little lower than the stock classic seat. With the Mustang, I'd say standard height for sure.
Thanks - that is what I was kinda leaning toward. Looks are great but if momma ain't happy, nobody is happy! ;)

·
Registered
222 Posts
I got the standard because I run with a T-Bag and the short is not very good for securing the bag.

·
Registered
273 Posts
bar and BR

Echo the standard lovers. I actually bought all three sizes from DK and tried them. The short didn't give the wife enough stability, the tall looked dorky so we settled on the standard which I like because my Rally Pack bags secure well to. It's hard to tell which one is best unless you actually try them on the bike, unless of course you have a friend who has one.

·
Registered
97 Posts
My wife has had two invasive back surgeries and is just getting used to riding again. She had me get the short Cobra for the bike and says it put the pressure on the lower back where it needs to be. Several 4+ hour trips and she's still happy with it. Looks better too IMHO.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'll second this!
but can't find the sissy bar so I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and buy new I think boo!
All I need is the actual bar, the short came on the bike! Momma would be much happier with a taller bar! Any body know where to get just the bar?

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Lots of folks sell the Cobra sissy bars separately from the brackets. I'd hit the Cobra website for the part #, then search other sites from there. Or email the new forum sponsor, Beartooth, for a price quote.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts