Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my second 900lt, the first was totaled by hit and run. I had a sports bike for a year but i wanted to slow down a little. I've already fitted the factory lowers and will make a new set out of lexan to reduce buffeting even more. Has anyone tried the short factory shield from kawasaki yet ? I'm 5'4 and would like to see over rather than through the windshield.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Welcome aboard "sidmonty13". I'm 5'6 and looking through my shield also. Fortunately I don't get any distortion so it doesn't bother me. There have been several threads discussing this topic. Most riders do prefer looking over the shield. Haven't seen a comment yet about the short factory shield though. I do get buffeting on my helmet. I'll have lowers on mine before it's time to dig it out of storage.

·
Registered
941 Posts
From my understanding if you are looking over the windshield you are going to experience more buffeting. I know when I raised my full size up the buffeting decreased I am actually trying to figure a way to raise it more. Check out this thread http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4822 and go down to post #11 waterboy talks about this. He referrences his height which is slightly taller then what you stated yours is.

·
Registered
95 Posts
My Thoughts

Hey Guys,,,,,,I am 6'2", 285 and have an 08 LT with the regular windsheild that came with the bike. I had them raise the sheild all the way up when I took delivery back in April '09, and it hit me perfect at the bridge of the nose. I bought a mustang seat this winter, but with the CRAP winter weather, can't ride and will wait till warmer weather to install the new seat. I also have OEM lowers on it and my buffeting is very low even at highway speeds, unless you get that trucker that wants to pass you doing 90mph. Till spring guys............:cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts